Status: Active

Let's Kill Tonight

14. Time is Slipping Away

**********

By the time Brendon was allowed back in the house the sun had been rising slowly burning his sensitive skin. Brendon had bit his tongue to not give the satisfaction to William even though there had been several times he wanted to let out a howl of pain. He hurt like hell and was slowly healing but it wasn’t letting it faze him.

Brendon stormed down to the basement taking the keys to the cells. He didn’t care what cell he reached first as long as he was able to open the cage door. His frenzy didn’t stop nor care what girl he grabbed, his goal was to feed and he didn’t even think twice. He could hear some of the girls gasp as they watched in horror at what Brendon had done.

Brendon dropped the lifeless body and moved to the next cell. This girl but up a little fight but he easily overpowered her to sink his fangs deep in her throat. She screamed and Brendon didn’t care. It was the blood that he wanted. To make sure he was in tip top shape when he reached William later.

Brendon continued till Isabella and another were left. He wiped his mouth on his sleeve before looking at Isabella. She was silent looking at him; face emotionless, “What?”

She shook her head, “Nothing.”

“No, of course not.” Brendon shook his head, “You wouldn’t mock me, and wouldn’t tell me I just gorged myself with blood.”

“Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do?” The other girl spoke up, “You are a vampire after all.”

Brendon let out a light chuckle, “This is why I keep you two alive. You always amuse me.”

Isabella didn’t trust that she’d be alive much longer so she took a risk, “She got away didn’t she?”

“No.” Brendon sighed, “No, she didn’t get away. William took her.”

The two girls looked at each other hearing Brendon’s quiet growl of frustration. Isabella closed her eyes when she heard her cage door open. She’d spent so long here, surviving and it was going down the drain. She knew she wasn’t going to walk out of here alive but she didn’t think this soon.

She didn’t even know the girl’s name in the cage over, never learned it even though she’d been there as long as herself. Isabella opened her eyes and looked up at Brendon, “Just do it fast Brendon. That’s all I ask. After all this time, I deserve that.”

Brendon snorted and smiled ear to ear, “In no position to make demands honey. I thought you’d know that by now.”

Brendon offered his hand and Isabella placed her hand in his allowing to be dragged up and out of her cell. She stood tall and looked at the floor, seeing the bodies resting in a small pile. She finally cracked and let out a sob. She never cried once in front of Brendon but now she didn’t care.

Brendon backed her up against the cage, “Shh, it’s all right Bella.”

She shook her head avoiding his gaze, not bothering to fight. She knew it’d be useless. This was Brendon Urie, the vampire under William. It was easier to just go with his plan. She continued to let her emotions out. She knew she had been the strongest girl here, not letting herself cave into believing she was just a toy that Brendon could mold into whatever he wanted; a silent rebellion. She at least had that to be proud of.

“Why are you crying?” He let one of his hands cup her chin and forced her to look at him, “You know this time was to come.”

“I know.” She was hoping she was seeing some kind of pity in his eyes and not just hunger, “Bren…”

“You know, if I was allowed to have turned any of you, it would have been you.” Brendon released her chin and leaned near her hear, his lips brushing softly, “You were always my favorite.”

Isabella’s lip trembled as she whispered, “You’re lying.”

“Yeah,” Brendon pulled back smiling tone playful, “I am.”

Brendon gripped onto her neck and watched her face become emotionless before snapping her neck. He let go letting her fall to the floor in a nice heap at his feet, he might miss her. He looked over to the last girl and she had backed in a corner looking horrified. Brendon couldn’t help but let out a laugh. Oh, this was perfect.

“You son of a bitch!” Brendon continued to laughing before moving over to the last girl, “She did so much for you!”

“I’m a vampire.” He shrugged, “You’re just livestock to me.”

Brendon unlocked the door, letting the keys stay in the lock. The girl didn’t move shaking her head. Brendon couldn’t quite place her name, maybe something that started with the letter T. Possibly Taliah, he was pretty sure it was Taliah. It didn’t matter of course. She never really was his, she was William’s favorite.

Brendon took the keys from Isabella’s cell door moving closer to the last human, “Oh I’m going to enjoy this.”

“He’ll kill her.” Brendon didn’t even look at Taliah as he unlocked the door, “He knows you care for her. He told me so.”

“I don’t care for her, I enjoy playing with her and I need her alive to do so.” Brendon rolled his eyes, “There’s a difference.”

Taliah shook her head, “No, you know William. He knows everything before we do.”

“He knows everything before you do.” Brendon leaned in grabbing her by the ankle dragging her out of the cell.

Brendon let her go and Taliah stood quickly. She tried to run but Brendon appeared in front of her. He raised an eyebrow as to question if she really was trying to escape from him. She backed up and reached into her pocket. Brendon couldn’t see what was in her hand but she planned to use it as a weapon.

“You’re wasting my time sweetheart.”

“He’s probably killed her already.” She stood tall, “Or maybe he’s waiting till you kill me, a fair trade.”

Brendon stepped forward slowly till he stood in front of her, “If he wanted her dead he would have killed her outside.”

Brendon disappeared and Taliah looked around not seeing him in the room. She turned in a full circle hoping to find Brendon hiding in the dark. It didn't help that the room was barely lit; she couldn't even make out Mike hiding in the corner waiting for her to approach. He would jump for her then. William said he could and he'd enjoy it, knowing that Brendon wanted nothing more but to kill her but wasn't allowed. Mike was going to rub this into Brendon's face later.

Brendon had made it to William's door and stood outside. William knew he was there and ignored the presence. The clan could pick up on the bad vibes. It was impossible to not notice William when he was angry, there always was this thick tension suffocating the air around them. It felt as if you were to creak the floorboard near William's door he'd come after you with his fangs barred.

William guided Grace into the conjoined bedroom and she felt as if he'd be the type to go all out to have a large furnished rooms but this was pretty average. He offered her a seat on the edge of the bed and she plopped down finding it sink slightly. William went over to his desk grabbing a book off before returning to the bed. He laid down keeping himself away from Grace. She looked at him to see him resting against the headboard with his book open.

Grace felt confused. She just sat in her small spot trying not to make too much of a hassle for William. She didn't know if he was true on his word but she was going to take it. She was tempted to slide to the floor so she didn't have to be right near him but she didn't want to offend him.

Grace could hear Brendon's voice from the other side of the door, "Beckett."

"When I ask for your company Brendon you may come, now is not the time."

"But William, let me explain. I-"

William cut him off, "I said not now. We'll talk about this later."

Grace didn't hear a response but Brendon appeared in front of her. Not physically but the same way he did back in her room. She jumped a little in surprise to have him just appear and William had sat up watching her react. Brendon seemed to look her over, make sure she was doing fine. He seemed actually concerned. Grace didn't fall for it; there was some alternative motive behind this.

William voice was threatening and it caused Grace's heart to almost stop, "Enough Urie, she's fine. Don't give me an excuse to get rid of her."

She glanced back at William, "You can see him too?"

"No but I saw you react." William leaned back as she watched Brendon disappear, "Besides, he's one of the few that can do that little trick besides me. All of us can dematerialize but Brendon and the others have a few extra perks."

“And you? Can you do a bit of everything because you created them?”

He smiled before going back to his book. She looked back at her hands resting in her lap and that floor looked even more inviting right about now. She felt rather pathetic, sure with Brendon she had a little confidence but William was scary even though he looked so fragile. Maybe he just was awkwardly lanky and it worked out for him.

“Something is bothering you?”

“Nothing, ignore me.”

“You can sit next to me, if you want. You’re not the one I’m punishing.”

Grace scooted back on the bed to rest against the pillows and the headboard still looking anywhere but William feeling as if her skin could crawl away from her at any moment. William stayed quiet and Grace almost felt like she was slowly suffocating.

“Do I honestly scare you that much that you can’t even look at me?”

“No.” She looked over finally getting a close up look at how his eyes were sunken in with dark rings around them, his face pale as if he was some porcelain doll. Had he fed recently? Was he going to take more blood from her? There was a faint color to his cheeks but barely there. Was he just dragging this out like Brendon had?

She swallowed the lump in her throat, “I just don’t want to offend you in any way.”

“Then relax, stop expecting me to kill you in the next thirty seconds.” He was hovering over her in blink. She didn’t even see him move and now he had trapped her body under him. If she could sink any further into the bed she would, “I would have killed you already if I wanted to.”

“Yeah, Brendon said the same thing and look where I am. He almost killed me!”

“Ah, but didn’t you go looking for him? You could have avoided all of this. You encouraged him.” William chuckled and she could feel it reverberate through him as he pressed closer to her. William’s body was cold felt like pure ice on her skin and thin clothing. She thought the air was suffocating this was worse, “You’re so warm for a human. I can feel how each pulse just radiates this heat. You’re nervous.”

“No. I’m terrified.”

“Of what?” William nuzzled into her neck and she wanted to squirm, “Of us feeding on you?
Dying?”

She felt a light pinch at the base of her throat and she stopped squirming. William’s hand slipped under her, resting on her shoulder blade to push her up to bring her closer to him. He was feeding from her, she didn’t feel any major pain but there was that continuous pinch that was uncomfortable.

He pulled away licking his lips clean and Grace could see the color come back to his skin, the dark circles seem to fade as well as the cold skin. It’s like the blood was making him more human. She didn’t move as he crawled off of her. This was the second time tonight that
William had fed from her. She was half expecting to pass out or have some anemic reaction.

“I’ll be honest with you, I won’t kill you tonight but tomorrow you might die depending on how Brendon behaves.”

Then the darkness hit her surrounding all her senses as she passed out.

********
♠ ♠ ♠
WOO! Its here. We're finally getting to the parts I'm excited for. The next chapter is ready to go so it should be up in at least a week. Again, I'm so sorry there was such a delay. You guys must hate me by now. I just wanted to make sure all the kinks were out of the new Mibba before I did anything.
So please, if you still love me stick with me. Also, please if you can, hit recommend, drop a comment and subscribe just so I know you're still here with me.