Status: Active

Let's Kill Tonight

15. Choose Your Moves Carefully

********

Grace woke to the feeling of landing on concrete. Her eyes opened after she groaned to take a chance to figure out where she was now. She could see several vampires around her and she scrambled to stand up. She felt off balanced but she didn't want to seem weak in front of the vampires. She could see Brendon outside of the group talking to William and she swallowed the lump in her throat recalling what William had said. Her life relied on Brendon tonight and she was hoping he'd find a way to keep her alive.

Grace continued to look at her surroundings, they were somewhere downtown and it looked like to be around two in the morning. She contemplated how she could have slept that long till she was distracted by the sounds of a girl crying. She watched Mike come down the street dragging a young girl with him. She was putting up a decent fight but lacked the strength to fight him off.
Grace took a step closer to Mike and the girl when Mike had made it to the half circle Grace found herself in. One of the vampires behind her spoke up, his tone cold and low almost wanted her not to hear him, "Don't move and inch. We have orders to kill you if you try anything."

Grace froze while looking at Mike getting annoyed that the human he found wasn't staying still. Mike barred his fangs and let out a hiss. The girl froze in her spot and looked over at Grace. Grace didn't know what to do, she wanted to run, wanted to get the hell out of there but she knew they'd catch her. She continued to keep eye contact with the girl, "Just do what they ask."

"Well," William had now come over to see the group with Brendon on his tail, "Now that we're all here."

William looked over at the girl not daring to move. He whispered something to Mike and Grace watched the smile form on Mike's face; he was proud about whatever had been spoken to him. Grace took the time to make eye contact with Brendon and she could see the determination in his eyes. He was perfectly calm and aware. He had to of had a plan, it was just a matter if he would set it into action and if it would work.

William appeared in front of her blocking her view from Brendon and she took a step back startled, "And how are you tonight Grace?"

"Minus the bruised tail bone thanks to your guys I guess I'm doing fine."

She flinched as she felt William's fingers tracing the bite on her neck from last night. She felt herself shiver from how cold his skin felt. William smiled at the reaction hoping she was recalling the night before, how easily he drank from her without much a fight. She was terrified of him no doubt there but William loved how easy she freezes up when around him, so afraid to insult him
but still willing to push buttons.

"My bite is healing nicely."

"Doesn't hurt, so I guess it is."

"I never intended to hurt you."

"How charitable of you." She watched him pull away smiling. He loved that spark in her. He would put it out soon but he had to admit it was a joy.

"Tonight is going to be a test of reliance." William stood tall in his suit and seemed pleased with how tonight was going to go, “Urie will be reinstating his place in this clan and you all here are our witnesses."

Brendon spoke for the first time tonight, “William, I assure you my alliance lies with you.”

“I know it does. You just have a shitty way of showing it. Besides, this is more for me than you.”

Grace tried to find a safe way to get out of this situation, “Well then I don’t think you need me.”

“You silly girl,” William let out a laugh, “You’re the main attraction. You’re what Brendon wants most and if he wants you he’ll do anything to get you.”

“So I’m some sort of prize?” She looked over at Brendon once more, “What happens if he doesn’t comply?”

Mike let out a little giggle and Grace felt her heart sink. William confirmed that Mike would get her instead. If that wasn’t enough to fuel Brendon she didn’t know what would. All Brendon had to do was kiss the ground William was walking on and she’d be fine.

Grace couldn’t believe how this all played out. A few days ago she was seeing Patrick then just last night almost died in Brendon’s death grip and now she has trust him that he wants her enough. He had invested quite a bit of time with her so he had to have wanted her. She was really hoping he wanted her blood. Even if she died after she didn’t care, she just didn’t want to be in Mike’s care, ever.

William broke her thoughts, “As I recall you talking to Taliah last night Urie you called her livestock. Yes?”

Brendon nodded, “Yes sir. I did. She said you thought I had feelings for Grace too.”

William gave a smirk that seemed to have an underlining warning to not push his buttons any further. William had some soft comment mentioning that they would discuss that topic later and told him to stand next to Mike. Grace wished she could have smacked Brendon but she knew if she dared breathe wrong she’d have one of the vampires on her before she could blink.

“See how Brendon is collected?” Grace jumped slightly when she felt William behind her as Brendon stood tall next to Mike, “Both have fed and watch how Mike seems set on the girl in front of you.”

Mike had kept his eyes on the girl almost the whole time, as well as the other vampires. Occasionally they’d look at her but mostly on the small frame. William brushed past her walking towards the girl on lying in the street still cowering. William reached for her arm pulling it closer to him and Grace watched him scratch her pale flesh with his nails. Grace could see a tiny amount of blood seep out of the small cuts. Mike eyes narrowed and his whole body language changed, ready to pounce on the human while Brendon remained calm looking completely uninterested, his eyes looking down the street.

William dropped the girl's arm and walked back over to Grace as she folded her arms. She spoke softly, “He just has control.”

"Oh no. He doesn’t." William smiled and shook his head, “Let me see your arm.”

Grace was hesitant but didn’t resist as she straightened out one of her arms. William dug his nail into her wrist dragging it across creating a fairly large scratch. Grace let out a hiss of pain as she watched Brendon turned his attention to her. His eyelids fluttered shut as he took in a deep inhale through his nose, he could smell her and she was right there. He quickly turned his head away trying not to pay attention to her and the blood he so desperately wanted.

William licked across the scratch taking what blood he could on her skin. He let out a low groan of pleasure, “I don’t blame him for it through. You are delectable.”

"It doesn't prove anything."

"Oh it does," William circled her, "A vampire should react to any human blood. We crave, strive and love it. It creates who we are and how we live. Every one of my men acts like Mike as you can see the several others near Brendon acting the same. Any human and any blood is enough for us. We don't care about who we kill; it doesn't matter as long as we have the blood. Brendon on the other hand doesn't follow."

She looked up at William, "So what? He's picky."

"He never has been. When he was a newborn he wanted anyone he could get his hands on. It was rather cute. It’s like I gave him the keys to a candy store and told him to take what he
wants."

"Then that's it." William stopped as she kept her stare at him, "He knows what’s in the store but there is only certain things he really wants. I know I have a rare blood type, maybe he prefers that. He doesn't like to settle for something that disgusts him. What's the point of killing a kid who tastes the same as an adult? Let the child live and have them be a human later."

"It doesn't work that way."

William was set on his beliefs but Grace felt she was on to something. Maybe William just didn't
care for what blood because it was all the same to him. She could see the two vampires pondering in front of her as William walked back over to the girl in front of her. Did Brendon go after her because he only craved her blood? Did he somehow just know, or maybe it was the fact she wasn't afraid of him and then he found out.

"No she's right William." Mike spoke up, "Grace's blood smells different, it’s too rich for me. It would be too much to feed from her. As much as I want to, I wouldn’t be able to take much."
William looked over at Mike before forcing the scared girl to look at him, "What's your blood type?"

The girl tried to pull away from William but he kept his tight grip on her, "Type O I think."

Grace was about to laugh, "You can't taste it can you?"
Grace could see the glare appear on William's face before a wooden stake came out of the air impaling its self into his chest near his heart. He made some remark but Grace felt herself being pulled away with such speed it felt like she had been hit with a car.

She looked to see it was Pete that had her in his embrace taking her away from the scene while Mike started climbing a building's wall to get to a roof. Grace looked up and could see Patrick there with his own version of a crossbow trying to kill the Dandies surrounding her. The guys did have great timing.

She couldn’t help but smile, had Pete tracked her? He probably sensed she was out of the house. Grace was surprised; the boys had been armed, ready as if they’d done this before. When Patrick said he’d been researching for the past two years that he was actually fighting them the whole time?

Pete’s voice was full of concern, "You hurt?"

Grace took a couple seconds for her mind to catch up with her, "Yeah, I'm fine. Where are we going? Patrick?"

"He's fine, don't worry about him." Grace appeared on a rooftop and Pete let her down, "We thought you were dead by now. Do you even know how long you were gone?"

"And you?" She pulled away hoping she had stopped bleeding worried more about him then how long she’d spent with Brendon, "You're doing okay?"

Pete furred his eyebrows, "I'm fine, I'm asking about you. We're all fine; it’s you that we should be concerned about. Did you forget who I just saved you from?"

“I know but…”

Pete shook his head and cut her off, “I’m going to take you to our new place then you can ask questions because you’re in shock or something.”

“I’m not in shock! I’m fine. I just was worried about you guys. Brendon said you had been near the house.”

Pete scooped her up, “We’ll talk about that when we meet up with the others.”

“I can walk.”

“I’m aware,” Pete stood on the edge of the roof and Grace could see how high they were, “But it’s more fun this way.”

As she looked out at the city one last time she felt a pang in her heart. She was actually worried about Brendon. She felt disgusted and rather he'd be staked for what he'd put her through but she was sure he'd be dead by morning. Especially for letting her be taken. It had to be pity, no one deserved to die but she tried to justify her thoughts that he was already dead.

***********
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh god, how do you guys put up with me. I'm sorry this took so long. I was going to add a lot more to this instead of how I ended it but it'll be in the next chapter. I have literally been rewriting that part since April. I'm not even kidding. It just didn't seem to come together but finally its making sense.

So if you can, please comment, hit recommend, and subscribe. I just want to make sure you guys are still with me on this. And thank you to all that comment each time, you're such an awesome support group. XD