Status: Active

Let's Kill Tonight

6. Dreaming In Red

********

“Grace what are you doing up?”

She looked up at Patrick and Pete as she came into the kitchen, “Nothing. I’m having nightmares.”

She sat down in front of them and Patrick got up. He grabbed a glass from the cupboard and made his way to the fridge. Pete on the other hand started to stare and she looked up at him giving him a nasty glare. Pete looked away and Patrick sat back down and giving a glass of milk to Grace.

She took it from him knowing there would probably be honey in it to. She didn’t know why but when Patrick used to give this to her she could fall back asleep pretty quickly. She never really like the taste but it seemed to work. She hadn’t needed to this since she was eight.

He tired to give her a reassuring smile, “Drink and tell us about them. It’ll help.”

She took a small sip before pushing it away so she could lay her head on the cold wood kitchen table, “He won’t go away.”

Pete furred his eyebrows and Patrick leaned closer, “What? I didn’t hear you.”

She turned her head to the side, “Brendon. He won’t go away.”

Patrick gave Pete a concerned look before looking back at Grace, “You’re having nightmares about Brendon Urie?”

She nodded slightly, “They feel so real. Like he’s right there in front of me and I could touch him.”

It didn’t take long for her to start crying. Pete sighed wanting to roll his eyes but didn’t when he saw the look on Patrick’s face. Patrick knew something. This started to peak Pete’s interest. She was just having nightmares unless they weren’t normal nightmares. Being still a newborn he didn’t know what he could do but he figured Brendon could do plenty of things and if vampires could do a handful of telepathic things then what stopped Brendon from messing with her dreams?

She spoke through a light sob, “It felt so real Patrick. I thought he was going to rip my throat out.”

Patrick got up and walked over to her. He leaned down to offer to hug her and she sat up to embrace him in the hug she needed. He told her she was safe and she wouldn’t let him hurt her. She wanted to believe it but tonight made her never want to see him again.

Pete spoke in a hushed voice, “We’ll kill him. Then you won’t have to worry.”

Patrick snorted, “Easy for you to say. We’re four humans and a vampire verses a good hundred Dandies. Not to mention they’ve been fighting people for at least two centuries.”

Pete shook his head, “We’ll find weaknesses. We’re going to fight them. I’ll take William down if I have to by myself.”

Patrick let Grace pull away and turned to him, “You’ll get killed.”

Pete let out a frustrated snarl before getting off to storm away, “At least I’ll be trying.”

Patrick sighed and sat back down, “I hate when he’s moody.”

Grace pulled the glass back to her and started to drink more of the liquid. She hated for it to go warm and then bad. She didn’t last wasting food. It was more of a pet peeve to her. Patrick offered her something to eat but she declined. She was fine now. That little burst of sadness seemed to get that emotion out that was locked up.

“What do you know about Brendon?”

Patrick shrugged, “I know he’s practically running the Dandies. I know he’s strong and old. He can do a handful of telepathic things, affecting dreams obviously being one of them.”

“Patrick I’m scared.”

“Don’t be. They’re dreams. What can he do? He can’t hurt you. He can even touch you.”

She nodded and finished the glass. She stood up and excused herself. She headed back up into her room and closed the door. She sighed making her way back to her bed. Before crawling in she lifted up her shirt slightly. She took her belly ring out and let her shirt fall back down. Brendon had noticed it. Now she wanted to get rid of it.

She had this image flash before her eyes of him ripping the piercing out in the last dream before he bit her. She didn’t want to risk it so she’d rather let it heal. The idea of that pain didn’t settle right. It’s not like he would do it. It was more of scaring her. She was sure of it.

She heard a voice behind her, “I wouldn’t.”

She whipped around to see Brendon leaning on her door out of her room, “I wouldn’t rip it out. It would make too much of a mess. Then it wouldn’t heal right.”

She was ready to scream but she couldn’t find the power to do so. He was going off on how Pete and Patrick wouldn’t see him. Said it was all in her head. He told her she could scream if she wanted to. He wouldn’t mind.

She walked up to him and she reached for him. The image of him disappeared and she felt only air. He was messing with her again. That damn power of his was getting on her nerves. She just wanted sleep and this was becoming unfair.

She spoke quietly, “What do you want?”

She heard his voice as if he was standing behind her speaking in her ear, “I want a lot of things. But you’ll have to wait and see won’t you?”

“If you’re going to kill me just do it already. I’m tried of you messing with my head with whatever power you have.”

He let out a chuckle and the voice moved to her other ear, “I’m not going to kill you. You’re too much fun.”

She sighed and walked to her bed, “I’m glad I could amuse you.”

She collapsed onto it hoping Brendon would be done for the night. She was so tired. She just wanted a few hours of sleep to herself. She didn’t want to half to wait till daylight to get it either.

The little metal piercing was placed on her nearby nightstand and she rolled back onto her back. Brendon was next to her on his side. Not solid but another image. He was staring down at her with a mouthful of teeth. She felt her heart pick up its pace.

This was too easy for Brendon. He was enjoying this way too much. He didn’t even have to lift up a finger to get her scared. Not to mention he didn’t even have to leave his own bed. He couldn’t figure out why William would want him to kill her. She was already too pathetic.

Though he kind of wished she was next to him in his home. Then he could take everything to a new level. Scare even more. Himself hearing more screams. He was growing impatient without her. He wanted to take her now.

He had to wait. He didn’t want to but he had to. He may have sounded like a kid but this was honestly unfair. He could almost stomp his feet like a little human child.

When she called his name it shook him from his thoughts, “Brendon. Please. Leave me be. I don’t have anything you want. I won’t go out and go looking for trouble. I just want to sleep.”

But he wanted her to come out at night. He wanted to see her. He wanted to scare her in person. It was a craving he had and he needed to fill that hole that was eating at him. What was also eating at him was the fact she kept asking from him and saying ‘please’ on top of it.

Why was he listening to her?

He was the bad boy of the Dandies. He didn’t go soft. His night in the basement proved that easily. He was a monster, not a humane creature. He killed her kind. He loved it. But when it came to her tonight he was willing to oblige. He did so. Soon after she was out like a light. Tired and worn out.

He had his fun tonight. She was getting boring anyways. Her being even more tired just seemed pointless to him. He wanted her when she was fully rested and awake. Then he could torment her again. Chase her into her darkest fears and make her embrace them.

Anything for that scream of hers.

He smirked to himself. If he wanted to scare her then he’d need to know all of her fears. He had a feeling he would be taking sometime out to learn about her. See what she was honestly afraid of and use it against her.

He would love every second of it.
********
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe. :) I love it when you do. Makes me update faster. :) I hope I can keep up with the demand. XD
Perdictions?

Also, I have four versions of chapter five now. Still keeping the one I posted. The one I was going to post originally post is WAY to dark for now. I've had a few read the edited versions before the one I posted and a few still said too dark. But if you want to read on of the edited versions compared to the one I posted leave a comment and I'll let you read it.

Anyways, feeling a little better from the heat storke I gave my self. I'm such an idiot. Also. I thought I'd share this will you.
William Beckett about 14 years old playing baseball. How cute is this?:

Image