Status: Active

Let's Kill Tonight

9. The Ground Caved In Where We Were Standing

*************

Grace felt like a piece of meat in a crowd of lions. She couldn’t believe how many vampires there were. How had there been any humans left? She was questioning how no one had seen the growth of all of this. It should have been noticeable. She wondered if anyone cared or if they could stop them at all.

Brendon had come over to Grace and grabbed her arm, “I’m not done with you yet.”

“I think for tonight you are Brendon.”

Grace felt the grip that Brendon had tighten around her arm at William’s words. If she felt safe she’d call Brendon on acting like a child. She soon wondered how old Brendon was. Was he still a child in vampire years? Obviously he looked adult but he could be a hundred years old if not older. Though right now didn't seem like the time to interrupt and ask them.

Grace could hear Patrick's voice come of her shoulder and Brendon looked at her, “Holy shit that’s a lot of vampires."

Brendon pulled away slowly before reaching over to the shoulder of the arm he wasn't holding and brushed the collar of the shirt to the edge of her shoulder's joint. He could see a little piece of black attached for a wire and reached for it. He pulled it off of her skin letting the tape holding it down rip up a faint layer of skin.

She was forced closer to him due to the rest of the set up was still attached to her. Brendon let go of her arm and the new free land slipped under her shirt and grabbing the little box attached to her stomach. His hand holding the ear piece that should have been in her ear was let go and fell through her shirt down to the box making it easy to remove the whole device.

It gave away pretty easy and less painful then the little piece of tape. Brendon looked at the device before letting it drop to the ground and Brendon kicked it over to a vampire. The vampire and the one next to him took turned stomping on the little device and making sure it was beyond recognizable.

Brendon tipped his head towards her, "You're just a never ending box full of surprises aren't you?"

She shrugged and took a step back from his face and out of the corner of her eye she could see William boring his eyes into her. Watching her and as if to see what she was going to do or at least what Brendon was going to do. Her heart felt as if it was going to beat out of her chest and just jump into Brendon’s hands. Brendon could sense it and wouldn’t mind in all honestly. He was surprised such a little thing would wear a device just to get information. It was peaking such a new interest him but he knew now wouldn’t be the time to talk about it.

She heard a thump behind her and she could see Brendon smile, "Well, look who it is, the big bad savior."

Grace knew then it had been Pete who had dropped down from the building. It didn't take long to feel him pulling her close and then behind him. She gripped onto this shirt hoping to just get out of here alive. The vampires behind Pete weren't moving in, William most likely gave those orders not to, but the look of hunger was there.

William spoke in a light sing song voice, “Glad to be presented by your presence Peter.”

Grace spoke softly, “Pete.”

Pete turned his head slightly towards her barely audible, “Shut up and relax. I can’t think with your heart racing.”

William had tilted his head to the side, “Tell me, how are you adjusting?”

Pete turned back to William and she could hear a growl reverberating through Pete’s chest, “Shut the hell up.”

The group of younger vampires took a few steps closer with their own sets of hisses and barred fangs. William held up a gloved hand to stop them and Grace could see Brendon looked furious with the idea of having this many vampires in one spot. She thought it was interesting how the vampires behaved so well around William yet willing to defend him on the simplest reason.

Brendon turned to William, "Why do you have to ruin everything? I'm just trying to have some fun and here you come in and making it harder then it needs to be."

Brendon was acting more and more like a child to Grace. He looked as if he was ready to stomp the ground with his little fit. Brendon was one that looked mature but this childhood side seemed to over power it.

Pete stood still as Brendon shook his head, “All I want is to play with her.”

William's voice was calm and collected, “I told you no. You have a few still in the basement still. You don’t need another one.”

Brendon let out a frustrated growl, “They’re yours! I haven't had one for myself in years.”

William sighed, “There is no room for an argument. Besides, I told you to kill her.”

“I’m not done playing with her! You know how I am.”

Grace could hear Patrick’s voice come through Pete’s little ear piece, "Pete, don’t get killed but right now looks like a good time to bail.”

“Planning on it.” Grace gripped even impossibly tighter to the cotton shirt, “Don’t let go.”

Brendon whipped around, “I wouldn’t if I was you Wentz. You’ll give me a reason to come after you.”

Pete’s eyes narrowed, “You’re not me.”

Pete figured if he could dematerialize he had a chance of being able to take Grace with him. Patrick had said it was possible but Pete was still a newborn, half of his full abilities wouldn’t be able to be used a hundred percent. Hell, probably not even fifty percent.

Pete wanted to play it safe knowing all this. He decided he was going to pick somewhere close. He decided to pick the roof he had jumped off of to get down where he was. He soon went for it and made it with her in one piece.

Grace had let go and looked around while her face held an ill emotion. He wondered if the action had made her ill or the situation. He knew he’d have to get her out of her but he didn’t know how far he could go and if she could last.

Grace had looked over and her face turned into horror as she screeched, “Pete!”

Pete turned to look behind him but soon was faced with Brendon tackling him to the ground and half sliding across the flat roof from the force. Brendon had his fangs barred and hissing down at the vampire trying to throw him off.

Brendon was soon thrown off of Pete and Pete rolled over moving to his feet. He jumped up and watched Brendon move with such speed. Brendon came back for a round of his fists colliding with Pete trying to block the powerful blows that seemed unnaturally fast even for a vampire.

Pete continued to block as best as he could but soon went on the offense trying to keep Brendon focusing on him and not Grace who was only a few feet a way staring wishing she could do something.

Brendon soon disappeared and Pete spun in a circle trying to find the vampire. He made eye contact with Grace and she was also looking around. Seconds turned into a few minutes and he still hadn't reappeared. Pete knew better. Brendon would come when he least expected it.

“Can we go home?”

Pete held up his hand before rushing over to the side of the building to peer over and see what vampires were still around. He was surprised to see an empty street. He shook his head not believing his eyes. He knew they wouldn’t be giving up this easy unless William honestly didn’t want to deal with it tonight. It was a possibility but didn’t seem too reasonable.

Pete took one last look before hearing a light squeak. He looked over at Grace and saw Brendon behind her holding her against him. His hand gripped tight around her throat letting her barely breathe and another tight arm around her. Her hands were trying to pry him off of her causing Pete to feel slight fear when he saw this scene as well as how close the two were to the edge of the roof.

Brendon's livid glare was far from reassuring.

Pete took a soft step forward as Brendon backed right against the ledge, "Let her go. She's just a human. She's nothing to you."

Brendon shrugged, "Oh well then."

Pete furred his eyebrows and watched as Brendon dipped backwards off of the building pulling Grace with his body. Pete let out a yell and appeared at the edge where Brendon had been. To his relief there had been no sign of harm though there was no sign of them at all.

Brendon had taken Grace and he was going to have to try to explain this to Patrick. He silently cursed himself for being so careless. He also knew this was a pathetic idea to put Grace in such a dangerous situation. It was almost like the boys had been asking for it.

Now there were consequences.

Grace had appeared with Brendon in a dark room barely lit with a faint light. She looked around and gazed across the room. There were cages wall to wall holding a woman in each. Some were looking at her in sadness while others were too deep in their own depression to care for what had appeared. There had to be at least fifteen girls here from what she could see.

Brendon didn’t say anything as he led her away from the cages. She started to fight him by trying to pry his hand away from her wrist and digging her heals into the ground. Brendon didn’t seem to mind at first but when she dropped to sit on her butt when he started to show his annoyance.

Brendon turned around, “Honestly what are you doing?”

He could see how Grace was cringing and still desperately trying to force his hand off of her, “Let go of me.”

Brendon did let her go but only to bend over and scoop her up and letting her rest over his shoulder. She started to beat at his back as she feared he was just going to drop her on her head.

He hadn’t. He just took her around the corner away from the women and over to a lonely cell. He let her land on her feet in front of it but she tried as quickly as could to pull away from him and out of this strange sickening place.

Yet of course he wouldn’t let her go. She didn’t even get five feet without Brendon’s arm to snake around her and pulling her back towards him. She let out a scream in frustration laced with fear and Brendon opened the cell’s door. He swiftly shoved her into the metal home and closed the door on her while quickly locking her in.

He smiled as he watched her look around and up at him. She had landed in a heap on some kind of pile of blankets and padding. She continued to glance about while attempting to stand up. She was short but she couldn’t stand all the way up. She was rather bent in the knees and hunched over.

Her voice was soft but shaking with fear in a way that Brendon loved, “Brendon.”

He stared at her in the cell, “Sit down, you’ll just suffer trying to stand. Besides, I’m not letting out for a while.”

She didn’t want to listen to him but she collapsed onto the soft cushioning below her in the center and watched Brendon pull on the cage. He was making sure she couldn’t get out soon. He was going to need supplies to make this perfect.

“Do you need to pee?”

She was shifted in her seat, “What?”

“Do you need to piss because I’m not letting you out for awhile.”

She contemplated telling him yes even though she was fine. It would give her a chance to try to escape again but she didn’t want to push her luck. This was bad enough as it was and she didn’t want to endanger herself even more.

“I’m fine.”

“Good.” He turned from here, “I’ll be back. Don’t scream if you can help it, the other vampires get curious and who knows what will happen.”

She didn’t like the cheerful tone in his voice but watched him disappear regardless. She pulled her legs closer to her tucking herself into a fetal position. She was at least a little grateful for the blankets below her. It was freezing in here and the cold stone wouldn’t have helped. Granted on occasion she had to run her hands over her arms to keep the goosebumps from taking over her skin a second time.

Brendon eventually had returned but not empty handed and Grace felt another nerve of fear hit her hard, “What are you doing?”

Brendon looked over at Grace as he walked to one of the sides on her cage, “Consider it home and improvement.”

Grace looked up through the bars as Brendon sat down the items had had brought with him. She could see a long metal spike and what looked like to be a weird version of a handcuff. She felt her heart pick up. She was worried to find out what Brendon had in mind.

Brendon picked up the metal spike and lined the tip against the wall. It looked like it was meant to go into the wall and hold whatever it needed to at the hook on the end. It soon dawned on Grace what he was doing. Brendon was making some kind of shackle but she was wondering why it would be outside of the cage she was forced in.

She tried to distract him, “Don’t you need like a hammer or something to get that in the wall?”

Brendon looked over to her, “Vampire remember?”

Brendon shoved the pike towards the wall and it entered the cement wall. He tried pulling on it and the metal spike stayed in place. Brendon could hear Grace’s light gulp of fear and he couldn’t help but smile in satisfaction. She was scared again already and he hadn’t even done anything yet.

Brendon continued to work with his make shift restraint device, “So what drove your daddy crazy? Mommy spend too much of his money?”

Grace moved as far away from Brendon as the cage permitted, “He wasn’t the crazy one. My mother was.”

“That’s not what the papers say.”

“Well I was there.” Grace’s voice got bitter and her eyes narrowed, “I watched her burn our damn house. My father was a good man.”

Brendon raised an eyebrow as he looked up her, “No need to be so defensive. Just trying to have a conversation.”

“What about your family?”

Brendon started to pull on the shackle to see if it would give way, “The Dandies are all right. Nothing honestly to be proud of or disappointed in.”

“I meant your real family. The ones before the Dandies.”

Brendon looked up at her before rummaging through his remaining items, “They don’t matter.”

She dropped the subject and Brendon continued to test the shackle. He was sure it would hold her small arm. He had to coax her over now. He was going to have to be careful or this was going to take hours.

Or perhaps it wasn’t. Brendon couldn’t conceal his smile as he saw Mike sneak up to the other side of the cage where Grace had pressed her body against trying to slip through the bars if they strong metal arms would let her. He knelt besides her watching her ever move with bright wide eyes.

“She’s so pretty.”

Grace jumped in terror of the voice and face that was right against the bars almost peering in as if he was at a zoo looking at the animal and wish it would come closer. She moved across the cage over towards Brendon away from the vampire she didn’t know. Brendon let out a chuckle as the other vampire did. Mike slowly crawled around to the front of the cage taking a good look at the human Brendon had brought home.

“What do you want?”

Mike looked over at Brendon and his smile fell, “William wishes to speak to you. He’s not happy you brought her home.”

Grace watched Brendon roll his eyes and soon made eye contact with her. She shook her head as if almost to not leave her alone as desperately she wanted out she sure as hell didn’t want to be left alone.

Again that was a fear that was being brought up.

He was craving it now. Even now with how her body was having small shakes with the quick breathing just seemed to make his blood boil in such a nice way. Almost like a human getting that drug induced high. The feeling was damn addictive but worth it.

Brendon reached in as fast as he could to grab her arm closest to him and pulled it through the bars. She struggled but the little metal shackle in his other hand seemed to guide it over her wrist smoothly.

When he released his hold she pulled her arm back closer to the cage. She couldn’t pull in her arm all the way and this made Brendon smile. He had such easy access to her arm now. He could take all the blood he wanted without her struggling. That wasn’t even the start of it. He could mess with her phobias now. The sedative would be injected from a needle causing her to panic.

His mouth was watering but he knew to get up to William as soon as he could. He figured he could talk this over with William and things would go back to normal while running effortlessly.

Brendon stood up and walked past Mike, “Don’t touch her.”

************
♠ ♠ ♠
I am starting college as a freshman so everything is really new to me right now. I might be a little slow with updates until I get settled with all the college stuff. I've been helping friends move and all kinds of things so that's the lack of updates's cause.

Also, I must ask a favor from you. Would you guys read this and comment for me. It's called the Redemption of Peter Wentz. It's a Brendon vampire fic and she's holding back her last chapter. -.-' You guys don't understand, this is the best story I have ever read and she is all my inspiration. If I don't get it, I think I might die. Like no joke. It's like you're being offered free Panic! At The Disco tickets but they won't give them away because not enough people want them. See my dilemma? lol Help me. Please? I gave you a long chapter and everything. XD

Thanks for reading and please comment and subscribe. It's the only honest reason I write is because of your feedback. And to who that do every time, I thank you. You'll never know how much that means to me.