Status: active

The Prince's Tutor

Chapter Nineteen

Callie’s heart raced in her chest as he leaned in, his fingers carefully pushing back a strand of hair.

She felt her bones become liquid and her skin become fire as his lips trailed over her collarbone and then settled on her lips. Her fear was dissolving the more he touched her, her mind was silent.

Harry savored the taste of her lips, the scent of her hair as he pressed her closer to him. She felt small and fragile against his chest, but as her nervous fingers curled around his neck, he felt her come alive.

The sturdy walls she had built around herself were crumbling down around them. He could finally sense that she was relaxed, free of any worries or troubles that usually clouded her emerald eyes.

Callie’s back pressed against his bed, his hands guiding themselves over her shoulders and down her arms. She felt his kisses become more desperate, and she gently laid a hand to his chest.

Immediately, he broke away. His eyes didn’t hold disappointment or embarrassment; he only watched her carefully as she sat up.

“Sorry,” he mumbled, running a hand through his red hair. “I wasn’t trying to…”

“It’s okay,” Callie replied, “I think we are getting ahead of ourselves just a bit.”

Callie felt heat rise in her cheeks as she looked away. Everything about this whole situation was peculiar. Instead of tutoring him, Callie had spent the last twenty minutes doing exactly what she had promised herself she wouldn't do.

As of late, her tutor lessons have seemed less like lessons and more like small dates where she and Harry would sneak up to his bedroom.

A small laugh shook Callie out of her thoughts. When her eyes met Harry’s dark blue ones, she felt her curiosity peak.

“What?”

Harry leaned in again slowly, his forehead pressed against her own. “You’re just cute, that’s all.”

“How so?” Callie’s lips pressed into a smile as he kissed the top of her head.

“You seem like you’re in some imaginary debate with yourself. It’s cute.”

“Well, I keep feeling like I’m slacking on my job here. You have a test next Wednesday and I haven’t prepared you for it at all.”

“Mhmmm, you will,” his kissed her neck, “eventually.”

Callie sighed and put a hand to his chest again, her mind clouded with thoughts of Harry.

“Stop distracting me from the issue, Harry. We have to do some work or I won’t have a job, which means you won’t have me as a tutor. You’ll have some old hairy lady teaching you physics instead.”

Harry paused to imagine this new idea and after a few short moments, grimaced. Callie laughed at
his facial expression and slyly added, “Unless you like that sort of thing.”

His blue eyes returned to hers and Callie could feel herself swimming in them, becoming consumed by them. Harry leaned down and planted a soft kiss on her shoulder.

“Callie, I want to tell you something,” he mumbled into her skin.

Callie looked down at his ginger mane, her own bouncy curls hugging his jaw line. “Mmm?”

There were a few moments of comfortable silence before he said it.

“I’m happy.”

Callie’s lips spread into a grin and she felt a sense of euphoria overcome her small body.

“Harry?” she managed, the heat in her cheeks beginning to spread to the rest of her.

He raised his head momentarily, just enough to catch the glimpse in her eye. Callie licked her lips nervously, feeling adrenaline pump through her veins like electricity.

After a few moments Harry reached out and pushed a few curls gently behind her ear.

"I know," he said quietly.

She didn't have to say it, Harry already knew.

He could feel it in the pit of his stomach when she looked at him, sense it flowing through him every time she laughed.

When she smiled the world would stop turning for a few moments, just long enough for him to feel consumed by it.

That feeling alone was enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello my lovelies,

To all of you who are still reading this, thank you so much.

Your support and commitment to this abandoned story is not only amazing, but there are no words in the English language to describe how incredibly grateful and sorry I am to all of you. Thank you so much for sticking by it, no matter how far apart the updates are. This chapter is a little rough on the edges, I'm out of practice. However, I felt that if I ignored another comment asking for an update, I would be an awful author unworthy of all my subscribers and readers.

So as a token of my gratitude, here is my latest chapter.

Love always,

Mia