Status: active

The Prince's Tutor

Chapter Eight

Author's Note:
Before you read this, let me warn you that I lied to you all about this being happier! I know, I know, kill me. But I explain in the end, forgive me!
____________________________________________________________

As he pulled up to the lake, Harry was overwhelmed by the countless thoughts that conquered his worrisome mind. She had called him here to “talk.”

He was hopeful and nervous at the same time. He was hoping that she had decided to get back together. Maybe that’s why she sent him the text message after breaking all contact with him for nearly a month.

After she had heard of his threesome she told him she needed space. She felt that they were falling apart, and his constant screw ups were not exactly helping their relationship.

That’s the thing about Chelsy- she always needed her ‘space.’ You’d think he’d be the one leaving her all the time, but he clung on to her even harder when things got rough.

As he stepped out of the car, his eyes locked on her silhouette. She was standing by the lake with her back turned to him, waiting for him.

At the sight of her, he felt his heart beat faster. It had been so long since he last touched her, last kissed her, hell since he last talked to her.

He took a deep breath and shook off his anxiety, waiting for that signature confidence to return to him. When he felt ready, he approached her cautiously.

At the sound of his footsteps the woman turned around, her soft blonde hair blowing gently against the wind. To him she appeared the most beautiful in that moment.

She had been there for him in times when he felt most alone, and now Harry felt as if he couldn’t contain his excitement.

As he approached her, he bent down to kiss her lightly on the lips, but the girl moved away before he could complete the action.

“Harry…” she murmured quietly, a somber expression appearing on her face.

Upset and thoroughly annoyed, he couldn’t help but frown at her reaction. Running a hand through his hair in dismay, he stepped back from her and turned his attention to the water.

They stood in silence for some moments, both of them mesmerized by the view. Harry remained still, deciding it was her turn to speak. He did not want to be rejected any further, the embarrassment would kill him.

The tall blonde stood only fractions away from him, her shoulder brushing against his. It had been so long ago when she brought him here. It was a time in their lives when they were so madly in love with each other, so carefree and young.

Now after five and a half years of a turbulent relationship, Chelsy felt desperate for freedom. Through all the laughter, heartbreak, late night drinking, and tears she felt that she had finally reached her destination.

The ultimate stopping point.

Chelsy spoke first, delicately choosing her words.

“Harry,” she began, “there’s something important that I have to say.”

Harry didn’t look at her; he felt a weight upon his shoulders as soon as she said his name.

It wasn’t exactly because she said his name- it was how she said it. The way she always did when she broke his heart.

Harry merely nodded, allowing her to continue. His mouth drew a firm line, the way his father’s did when he was upset.

“I’m sorry for not speaking to you all this time. But I felt I needed the space.”

Of course she did, she always needed space.

“You’re probably wondering why I called you out here all of a sudden…”

Chelsy turned to him now, glancing up at him. She wanted him to look at her, to give her a sign that he would somehow be okay after all of this, but the prince gave her nothing.

“I think we should see other people,” she said.

Harry nodded slowly, the line becoming firmer and firmer.

“If that’s what you want, I’ll let you leave.”

Chelsy stared at him for a long moment, disbelief in her eyes. He always did this; always let her have her way. Wasn’t he going to stop her, or chase her? For God’s sakes is he even going to ask her why?

“You really have nothing else to say?”

Harry glanced at her troubled expression, turning his body to face hers.

“What do you want me to say, Chelsy? Beg you to stay, tell you I love you?”

“Yes, that’s exactly what I want!” she began, tears rimming her large grey eyes.

Harry felt a tug on his heart as he saw a tear escape and make its way down her face.

“Chelsy, why are you making me do this? We both know you aren’t happy, so why are you asking me to chase you?”

“Because. Maybe for once in my life I want someone to run after me. I don’t even care that we don’t love each other anymore. All I want is to know that no matter where I run, someone will follow and never let go.”

Harry looked at her and saw his own reflection. She was just like him in so many ways: carefree, young, yearning for attention and love. But at the same time, she was identical to him in the most unappealing traits: demanding, fast paced, and impossible to control.

He figured this was the reason for their unhappiness. He was fine with how things were, but she was unsatisfied. She needed more to life. Love was simply not enough.

“You can’t ask me to do that, Chelsy,” he said, grabbing her wrist gently.

Chelsy nodded, knowing exactly what he meant. She couldn’t ask him to chase her, he wouldn’t do it. He would never chase someone who always ran away.

She realized it must be tiring for him, always waiting for someone to finally be happy.

“You know I loved you, Harry,” she said softly, holding back her selfish tears.

“I know. Its okay, you don’t have to try to make this better.”

“But I really did love you once. I just think it’s not enough anymore. I want more than what you can offer me. That sounds crazy doesn’t it?”

Harry looked at her for a moment. He couldn’t say he wasn’t hurt or sad, but he just couldn’t bring himself to cry over this anymore. Their off and on relationship had lasted so long, it made the young prince numb to everything. It was difficult to love someone who was never happy in the relationship.

“No it doesn’t. And you’re wrong, Chelsy. I still love you. But I want you to be happy, and if that means you have to be with someone else, then I’ll be okay with it.”

Chelsy wiped at her tears and faced him once again, thankful for his understanding.

“So you’ll really be alright?”

Harry nodded sadly, and let go of her hand.

“Damn it, Harry. How can you be so calm about all this?”

Harry chuckled sadly, allowing a final smile to appear on his face before answering.

“Because after a while, you become numb to everything.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel I should apologize because all I'm giving my readers are heartbreaks and tragedies!

I feel I have disappointed you all because I did promise that things would turn up, and they haven't so far. :/ But believe me, this is the last sad thing that will happen for a long time! I promise! It just had to happen, otherwise things still wouldn't be broken off between him and Chelsy and that wouldn't be good now, would it?

To make up for all the sadness, the next chapter will be very, very happy! Okay?

Please Comment and Subscribe! I love talking to all my readers! <3