Status: It's a going.

Making History

002

Walking to class Vanessa looked at her phone; glad realizing it was going to be her 6th and final class of the day before the weekend. The bell rang causing her to groan and walk faster; her face brightened as she walked into her history class. Butterflies started in the pit of her stomach as her eyes locked on the guy at the board.

“Vanessa, you’re late. Take a seat.” Mr. McArthur said pointing to her seat in the back.

Scoffing Vanessa walked to the back of the room a look of disbelief on her face. A sick feeling began to come over her as he went on about the cold war. Sighing she took out her sketch pad and pencil. Her art reflected her mood, swirls of all sizes covered her page with a large question mark in center of the page.

“Vanessa, eyes up here. Put whatever that is away please.” Mr. McArthur said stopping the class and meeting Vanessa’s shocked eyes. She didn’t hide her shock as she angrily shoved her sketch pad under her history binder and glared at her teacher. “Vanessa, please stay after class to speak with me. Back to the tension between the Soviet Union and the United States…”

Shacking her head Vanessa zoned out in anger as she waited for the rest of the period to drag on.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-

The end of class

The ball rang and as if they knew what was going to happen, the class shuffled out faster than usual . Vanessa didn’t bother getting up while she waited for whatever Mr. McArthur had in store for her.

“Vanessa, what has gotten into you? You don’t pay attention anymore you’re grades have been dropping increasingly. If this wasn’t a mandatory class, I would have you drop the class. I don’t see you passing the regents this June.” Mr. McArthur said with a tone of matter of fact.

“Excuse me? I don’t think you have the right to tell me if I’m going to fail or not…” Vanessa started only to be cut off by her teacher.

“I’m just giving you my professional opinion.”

“There’s a difference between sharing your opinion and telling me I’m going to fail, Mr. McArthur.” Vanessa crossed her arms over her chest getting defensive.

“I’m not telling you that you are going to fail, I’m just telling you I don’t see you succeeding.”

“Wow, okay. I’m leaving now. Good bye, Mr. McArthur.” Vanessa said grabbing her things and quickly walking out of the room.

“Vanessa, come back here! We’re not done talking! Vanessa!” Jumping up and running to the door he yelled after his student.

Watching her he saw Charley run up to her; he watched as Charley’s face went for worry to anger as she lifted her head to look at her previous history teacher. His eyes widened as he realized she was coming this way.

“I can’t believe you! You little asshole! How dare you say that to her! You have no right!” Charley yelled getting in his face as he backed up into his room.

“Charley…”

“Don’t Charley me you little fucker! If we weren’t in school right now I would drop you like a dead fly! I can’t believe you! You were one of our favorite teachers! You’re an ass!” Charley screamed throwing her hands up in frustration.

“Charley…” another male voice said from the door way. “Come on, not here, not now.”

Charley turned seeing her boyfriend standing at the door.

“You’re fucking lucky, if I see you outside of school, boy you’re done.” Charley said pointing her finger in his face.

“Go to Veve. She’s in the bathroom.” Charley nodded and walked out, “You better watch yourself McArthur.” Kolbi pushed his finger into his teachers chest hard being sure to put his point across.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

“Ve, honey it’s okay.” Charley cooed holding her best friend on the bathroom floor. Looking up slightly when there was a knock on the door. “Come on in, babe.”

Kolbi walked in and sat down on the other side of Vanessa pulling both of them into a hug. He didn’t know how Vanessa had felt about Mr. McArthur but he didn’t need to know. All he needed to know was that someone hurt his best friend and pissed off his girlfriend. He has to be there for them.

Sighing Vanessa looked up at the people around her, knowing they loved her but she still ached inside; her mind replaying what he had said about her.

“Let’s go home.” Charley suggested as the other two agreed and got up. Silently they walked to Charley’s car and drove home.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I know.
Fillerish.
I get it.
Oh and I know, guy in the girls bathroom. He's just that cool.
For my Mikeyy.
Love you.

Love&&Laverations

Brian