Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 18

I got in the back of that old car and really thought. Something about Annette was off. For real this time.

She’s really smart. She actually makes me feel dumb. She doesn’t need me as a bodyguard. She deserved some one who can be there without these stupid thoughts.

The car ride back was awkward but something about Annette made me feel odd. Maybe the fact I just nearly kissed my work partner.

Why were the two girls fighting? I know for the ride, but it was weird how easy it seemed for her to say that I was her boyfriend.

How easy it was for me to say she was my girlfriend.

We got out at the city. It was in front of a nice hotel. There was even a pool. I wanted to go in that really bad. It would help my arm.

The three got the bags and I went around to the front seat window. “Thanks for the ride, Martha.” I stated. Sure, she was practically a serial rapist, but she was just a girl.

“You’re welcome, Kegan.” She mumbled. She was actually upset.

“Listen, maybe if I wasn’t dating Annette, you and I could be together or something.” I stated. I felt bad for the girl.

“Ya, I guess.” She murmured. “Come on cheer up.” I shrugged. She just leaned out and lightly kissed my cheek.

“Sorry.” She said, pulling out. For a moment, she seemed…human.

I looked up to see Annette staring. Did she look….jealous? No…she couldn’t.

We walked into the hotel, which was obviously five stars. I couldn’t help but gawk at the high ceilings. To be honest, I’ve never stayed in a hotel.

“What?” I asked, when Annette was looking at me weird. “You act like you’ve never seen a hotel.” She shrugged, pulling her bags along.

“I haven’t.” I simply stated before walking on. “Oh..” She just replied, her voice in monotone.

We all squished into the elevator. Mika and Sueng were being oddly quiet and standing a tad close.

We had gotten the presidential suite which had four beds, and a pull out couch. It was enough for us and extras.

“I want to go down to the pool.” Mika stated, smiling. “Me too!” Annette shouted, obviously excited for the heated in door pool.

“I’m in.” Sueng said. I just nodded. We all took turns going into the bathroom to change, except for me.

“Aren’t you going to change?” Annette asked. “I don’t have a bathing suit. I’ll just go in my shorts…” I paused.

“This is going to sound awkward…but want to help me get this shirt off?” I asked, stiffly.

She hesitated before sliding off my shirt. It revealed at least half a dozen scars.

“Oh my god, Kegan.” She started. I just shook my head. I didn’t want to explain. To many stories to tell.

She ran her finger over one going straight down my chest. I shivered under her warm touch.

“Let get going.” I mumbled before turning toward the door. Then we were off, heading for the pool.

My chest still warm from where she touched it, leaving a numb trail behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short...sorry!