Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 22

It was true. I didn’t mind hanging out with Annette. When she wrapped herself around me, I froze.

I wasn’t used to being hugged. I wasn’t generally used to being touched.

Eventually, I melted back into the hug. I wrapped my arms around her fragile body.

It was peaceful. For a second, everything in my past was at rest. I heard a whistle from the pool area, realizing they could see it.

My face turned a light shade of red.

When I let her go, I kept my eyes on her. “I thought you hated me.” I stated, looking at her, examining the machine.

“I thought I did too.” She shrugged. “So are we, um…” I paused.

“Are we okay now?” I grinned. She smirked. “Sure.” She said, pressing a button, getting her crackers.

“Okay…so promise me one thing.” I smiled. “Humor me.” She stated, looking toward me.

“Don’t make me try on dresses.” I smirked. “No promises.” She sang, circling around me.

As she walked back to the pool, I stood there for a bit.

I smirked and began to walk back.

Once I got to the pool, I saw the disgusted look on Annette’s face.

Following her line of vision, I saw the two making out again. “Get a room.” I said, mocking annoyance.

Mika just smirked and continued her kiss.

“Damn…it’s like you guys don’t even have to breath.” I stated, jumping in and splashing them in the process.

“You don’t have to stare.” Annette said, turning away.

I couldn’t help but smile at the innocence. Running my fingers through my hair, I realized this wasn’t to bad.

Then I remember, this was just my job.

Maybe, I was enjoying it to much.

But at this point, well, who cares.

I swam over to Annette. I had to ask her the question that has been burning at me, taunting me, this whole time.

“Annette…can I ask you something?” I asked, as she looked at me, hesitantly.

“Yeah, go for it.” She smiled, wondering.

Then, I went out and said it, loud and clear.

“Why did you hate me?”