Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 28

As she yanked me out of that restaurant I couldn’t help but smile.

Annette’s smile did that sort of thing to you. I got to love it.

“You…didn’t help…at all.” She breathed, laughing. I just rolled my eyes and laughed. What else can you do? This girl is crazy.

“Wasn’t my orange juice.” I stated, winking, still laughing. “But you are her body guard.” Sueng pointed out.

There it went. Reality crashing down again. One day, she won’t need a body guard.

She won’t need me.

Annette must have been thinking something along those lines, because her crazy smile disappeared, causing a awkward silence.

Annette opened her mouth to say something, but shut her mouth. She looked so cute when she did that.

What was wrong with me?

Snap out of it! Snap out of it, Reynolds!

When I looked back up, I saw the disgusted look on Annette’s face.

Following where she was looking, I saw the couple making out again.

Again.

The car door opened, when we stopped at the next stoplight, and as I turned, I saw Annette getting out.

I opened my mouth to say something before she ran off.

Her friends didn’t even notice.

I ran out after her, grabbing her forgotten bad and shutting the door.

I followed her to what seemed like a old church fountain. It was covered in leaves and wild flowers.

She sunk to the fountain, and stared at her feet.

“You forgot this.” I said, in my southern voice, before clearing my throat.

“Oh…thanks.” She said, as I sat next to her.

“They’re in love…you can’t do much about it.” I said, slipping her purse into her lap.

“It’s just…like I’m not there anymore. It’s like as if I’m the third wheel.”

“If it helps anything…I kind of am too…I mean, we’re the only ones not making out soo…” My voice drifted off, as I shrugged. I stared out at the flowers with bees floating around them.

“Ya I guess.” She said, glumly. I lifted her chin so she was looking at me.

“Don’t be hard on yourself.” I said, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

“You look much prettier when you smile.” I stated, studying her warm eyes.

I knew right then and there I was going to be a sucker for her. I may just be falling for Annette Kieth.