Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 4

After I walked out of that large estate, I simply dragged my poor feet home. Truth is, I didn't have anywhere to go.

To be honest, I don't know why I lied like that. Sure, I could of stayed. Dad wouldn't be home. He never was. I guess I lied because I was reminded how good Annette had it. It wasn't really fair.

Us. Rusts, are good people. We don't fight that much. Anyway, all I know is now I'm going to Nevada.

Nevada. We Rusts are lucky to get out of the state, but to Nevada? With a girl? On a job? Boy, I don't know if I can take it.

~*~

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The newly bought cellphone, compliments of Mr, Keith, was ringing off the hook. I yawned and sat off the cold hard floor, leaving a small pillow behind under me. I took a glance at the clock, which now read 2:45.

Why is she calling me this damn early? I reached a long arm over to the silver flip phone and flipped it open, and clicked talk.

"Hello?" I asked, not controlling my accent. Morning's had that effect on me. "Kegan are you ready?" Annette's voice ran through my head.

"Um, ya ya." "Can you drive here?" Drive. Something I have a license to do. If only I had a car to do it with.

"No sorry, I can not do that." I said, sheepishly. "Then we'll pick you up. Where do you live?" She asked.

I mentally groaned. She doesn't know what my house looks like. Sure, she knows I don't have many clothes. But she may think that I'm just too lazy to buy 'em. She may think I'm normal.

"You know, I could just walk there?" I asked. "Fine, you have fifteen minutes." She said before hanging up. How was I supposed to get across town in fifteen minutes!

I shoved my little wardrobe into my old beat up bag, grabbed my gang jacket, and was out the door. I immediately started running to get there in time.

There's something real bad about Utah at midnight. The weather is real cold.

But I hardly minded that, for my jacket was getting rid of most the wind. The gang jacket basically looks like any other leather jacket, except there is a red wing way up by the shoulder.

I checked the old flip phone. 2: 59. Crap. I still had at least half a mile. I quickened my pace, getting there around 3:10.

When I ran up there old cobblestone path, reaching the small crowd of people, who were now glancing at me with frustration, annoyance, and lack of patients.

Sueng, Annette, and one other girl. "Sorry I was late." I said shoving my hands in my pockets. I knew I looked strange. I was still wearing the outfit I was last night.

"Okay, well. Get in the car." She said motioning as Sueng and their friend went in."Well go!" She shouted as I assumed position in shot gun.

Anette got in, as I heard whispering. I caught messy, Kegan, and Rust. Dear God, help us all.