Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 40

“Would you like to at least ask the question?”I joked, laughing.

She rolls her eyes, and might I say they are pretty beautiful, and reaches up and grabs my face.

I stare back into her perfect eyes as she whispers a simple question.

“Do you want me to kiss you again?” She whispered.

My mind swarmed with questions, answers, and her beauty overwhelmed me.

My heart raced. No other girl has ever done anything remotely close to this, to me. Only Annette. Even back then.

”I don’t get why you’re leaving. This is a huge mistake, Runt.” Marco said. He was attempting to grow a small dark mustache but only peach fuzz was showing.

He was evening out, causing him to be scrawny, instead of his usual plump self.

“I’m leaving because what we do to girls isn’t worth it.” I shrugged, with my head only on Annette.

Sure, she was only in grade 7, but it was just something about her.

“You’re going to regret this when you’re older, Runt.” Rodrick scoffed.

“I don’t regret the past.” I simply stated.

“You don’t regret killing your sister?” Marco laughed.

I turned around and punched him in the gut before gathering the last of my stuff, and walking out.

“You’re going to regret this, Kegan Reynolds!” He screamed after me.

I don’t regret anything.


I realized it was still silent, her studying my lips.

“I think your dads calling.” I stuttered out, in my rich southern accent. Turning around, I placed my hand on the door.

She gripped my arm, although I could easily pull away, I stayed.

“Annette…” I paused, daring her to say something.

Anything.

“Please, I just need to know.” She begged.

“You don’t need to know anything. This is work and work only.” I said, but my voice wasn’t stern.

“Listen Kegan, I know we both felt something when-.” She began before I cut her off.

“It was one stupid kiss.” I paused turning to her. “Remember? Just so we’re even.” I said, sarcastically.

“I didn’t mean that. I just meant.” She began again before cutting her off again. I mean if we’re going to be so unprofessional about everything, might as well spit it all out.

“Why would you care if I even wanted to? It’s kinda of weird anyway.” I said, looking away, as her face crossed emotions, recalling her and Mika’s conversation.

“You were eavesdropping?” She said, taken aback.

“I was just about to open to door. Now can I go?” I questioned.

“Kegan.” She pushed, before I turned and faced her.

“What! What Annette! Don’t Kegan me. I’ve had to put up with you the whole time! Imagine liking some one since you were in Middle School, Annette. Middle School.

And then having to go protect them, while the whole time all they do is insult you and complain about how the hate having you around.

Oh, then you save their life and then pretend to love them, when you actually do. And the icing on the cake is they kiss you finally and then say we’re even.

No I like you. No I love you. Just we’re even. So the bottom line is, yes! Yes I want you to kiss me! Yes I like being your body guard!

Yes I even like being this close to you!” I stopped once I realized I began to yell. I quieted my voice down into a whisper.

“I’ve been in love with you since I was fourteen. Do you think I want to kiss you?” I asked, even though it was obvious.