Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 44

I glanced at the small paper and faked a smile. I really didn’t want her number.

She was nice and all. But she looked nothing like Annette.

She the one who told me to choose. This is my only chance at doinging something in the world.

The only chance of making any money to even survive. After I finish, theres always time for friendship, if not more.

“Nice to know nobody’s protecting you from hoes like that.” She snapped, before standing up, walking towards the bathroom.

I didn’t have to follow her. I could see the bathroom from here. When I glanced toward Megan, I nearly laughed at the stunned and taken aback look presented on her face.

“I apologize for her.” I chuckled lightly.

“What was her pr-.” She began, before correcting herself.

“You’re meals will be out shortly.” She quickly said, before swiftly going back into the kitchen.

I wasn’t going to use that number. I slipped my hand in my pocket and tore it up several times using one hand.

When Annette came back, she looked…different. She changed something in that bathroom.

I don’t know what but she did!

“What are you staring at?” She snapped my attention back from her beautiful face.

“Annette, that was no way to flip out on that poor girl.” I said, even though I knew she was jealous. It flared in her eyes.

She couldn’t hid it like I could.

“Kegan, that was in no way professional.” She mocked me, but I decieded to ignore that comment.

I idly played with the coffee, stiring one way, spinning it the next.

Why did her perfume have to come over here? It smelt so…comforting.

Soon enough, I heard footsteps moving toward us. Of course, both of them had to bring out the plates.

Why was Alex! He was just the seater.

Megan placed my meal infront of me, gliding her hand over mine. I glanced up and she looked me dead in the eye with a flirty smile.

“Enjoy.”

I looked up to see Annette whisper something in his ear. I swear Alex looked at least 20 if not 25. He shouldn’t be flirting with her.

He slipped her a small piece of paper, and Annette hid it just like I did to Megan.

“I don’t think you should be giving her your number.” I simply stated.

“The lady wanted it.” He shrugged, attempting to sound semi-tough.

The lady is 17.” I pointed out as he just glanced toward her.

He opened his mouth to say something, but as if on cue, Megan called him back.

Reluctantly, he turned around and walked after her.

“That wasn’t fair.” She said, as if she was 5 again.

“What wasn’t?” I said, attempting to keep my body guard act up.

“You got her number, why couldn’t I get his?” She crossed her arms.

“I’m not going to text her, but you would. You can’t trust these people.” I simply said.

“You would have text her. It’s in your pocket right now.” She stated, attempting to reach over. I glanced to see Megan looking at us, as I moved away.

“Annette stop it.” I sternly said, as she lunged for my pocket again.

“No.” She simply stated, lunging again.

“Annette.” I pushed.

“What!” She shouted, as she lunged again, reaching into my pocket, and pulling out the strands of her number.

I heard Megan gasp dramatically and storm over here.

“What a man whore!” She screamed, making no sense, and just making a plain out scene.

“Me-“ I began as she raised a hand and slapped my face and FUCK! Did it hurt!

It was like a man slap! I just sunk in my seat alittle.

I hope Annette was happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments make the world go round ^_^