Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 49

Here we go, Annette. Take a deep breath and get out if the car... here we go...now.

I close my eyes squeezing the hangle to the door, but I don't open it. Okay, I am going to open the door..... now. I let the grip of the door handle and ran two hands through my hair.

Kegan's head is rested on the steering wheel groaning at his head ache. I should've gave him some asprin before we went to school.

Now we're both regretting school.

My hand grasped the handle again, but I just slaped it back to my lap and hit my head on the window next to me.

"Lets just skip school, Kegan. I mean you're hungover while I'm...sick." I cough a bit to try and make it as real as possible, but instead Kegan laughs.

"How hungover do you think I am?" looking at Kegan, I laugh loudly, his hair is messy, his eyes are drousy, and he looks like he's in to much pain.

"Well, you look horrible, and you were rediculously drunk last night. I had so many I love you's I almost threw you out a window." I joked, biting my lip as I look into his blue eyes.

"Oh yes, the stupid drunken I love you's, how many times did I say it to you?"

"I don't know." Four times.

"So tell me, Kegan, are you one of thoes drunks that spits out the truth, or just the ones that make no sense at all?"

I can see Kegan thinking about which one to say. I mean if he says honesty, he is just admitting that he does love me, but if he says no sense then he doesn't care for me.

"We need to go, Annette. The principal is waiting on us." Kegan mumbles moving his head up and he was now sitting up slowly, adjusting to the movement.

I bite my lip in stress then, nod and open the door.

Steping in my royal red stilettos, I stood up puttin on my Annette Kieth courage, happy that I chose black skinny jeans and a nice red blouse. The weather is cold and so are the haters.

Kegan stands next to me, even in my heels he's taller, but I'm almost reaching his height. I know this because if I turn to face him, I dont have to look up to him.

Kegan is wearing a nice fitted black shirt, making his eyes pop and his body more visible. I now know he has a faint built of a six pack. He has on a dark pair of jeans and Gordon even tossed Kegan his old pair of black and white converse.

He looked extremely good, aside from the, you know, hungover shit.

Right when Kegan lightly placed his hand on my lower back and we started to walk, the whispers started. We weren't even in the school and everybody started rumors everywhere.

With every step, courageous Annette was slipping away, wishing I was back in the car. I stoped for a quick moment, only to be pushed back into my walk with Kegan. Bitting my lip, the annoying glares made me become a bit angry. The whispers were loud even for outside.

"Annette, they wont hurt you." Kegan whispers in my ear trying not to make it obvious that he was doing it.

"I know they won't." I whisper through my straight facial expression, two guys stand by a railing looking straight at me with a cocky grin on both of their faces, both lowly talking about 'hitting that'.

I can tell Kegan heard by the way he glares at the two guys, and presses harder onto my back.

"Then stop worrying, I'm here." Kegan mummbles lower, clenching his jaw.

"Yeah? As what?" I snap walking away from Kegan before he could say anything. I started to walk into the school, of course the eyes were on me and the whisperes were loud, but once Kegan stepped in, it became worse.

I mean there were laughs, there were name calling, and there were so many whispers I couldn't even stand a second of it.

My heels clicked it's way through the halls, of course having Kegan following behind.

"You think she killed someone too?" I heard loudly, biting my lip as a couple of gasps ignited, my shoulders began to hunch over.

"She probably hides him from the cops at her house, then sleeps with him as his own personal rent." another girl says loudly once I walk by. My pace is slower, only they would think of it.

They don't know the truth even if they tried so hard. They'll never find out.

Pulling my head up and my shoulders back I stepped into the office, and made my way to the principale's office right afterwards, not caring about the secretary yelling at me to wait.

We found the princepal, Mr.Fiddle, in his desk chair, looking over some papers. It seems to me that he was looking over Kegan's papers.

"Ms.Keith and Mr.Reynolds, sit down, please." He calmly states gesturing to the seats before looking back at Kegan's papers.

"So, Mr.Reynolds, I believe you cut school after your gang went to jail for murder." Mr.Fiddle says lookig at Kegan with a serious look.

"Yes, I have."

"Also that you've had a ton of suspensions whie you were in school?"

"Yes, sir, I did."

"What makes you think I will let you come back to school, after you shown me you have no responsibility, to wach over Ms.Keith?" I look at Kegan, his fingers witch a bit and his jaw clenches for a moment before he takes in a deep breath.

"Well, Mr.Fiddle, I hope for a second chance in your school because now, I do infact have a responsibility. It's to keep Mr.Keith's daughter safe and make sure that I am not hired to be a bodyguard. I will be in class everyday, on time, and out of trouble."

Mr.Fiddle clicks his pen and scratches off a sentence of his own hand writing, then looks at me.

"Ms.Keith, I am wondering about what you have to say in this." I sit up straighter and cross my legs.

"What would you like to know?"

"Are you okay with having a bodyguard in school?" I look at Kegan instantly, confused at the question.

"I never wanted a bodyguard in the first place, let alone school. But it's not what I want, sir, it's about what I need. So, right now, I need to get to class, with Mr. Reynolds." I say in a stern voice, hoping Mr.Fiddle would get the point and just get Kegan his classes.

"Oh, right, I'm on it now." He says standing up and leaving the room with Kegan's papers.

"I thought College was hard to get into." Kegan jokes, rubbing his palms onto his jeans before slugging back into the chair, I smile a bit watching Kegan.

"Are you ready for this?" I ask quietly, hoping Mr.Fiddle wouldn't hear.

"Are you?"

"I'm used to it, but your probably not.:" I say quietly, looking into his blue eyes with a soft smile.

"I was hired to be ready for whatever you are." Kegan says quietly, with a smile.

"Even with all of the gossip?"

"Especially with all of the gossip." Kegan lightly touches my hand, causing his finger tips to lace through my fingers. My breathing hitched up a bit.

"I'm really sorry fo-"

"Okay, so here are your classes." Kegan slips his hand off mine quickly before Mr.Fiddle finds out and grabs the paper he is given. I sit up taller and gaze at Mr.Fiddle hoping he didn't see our hands touching.

"Also, you need to get these papers signed for emergencies, make sure your father signs this," Mr.Fiddle hands Kegan two more pieces of paper. "School supplies list, gym clothes list, and medical paper for when not to come to school."

I stand up noding at Mr.FIddle.

"Thank you, Mr.Fiddle-"

"'I'm not done, if you fight with other people that doesn't include Ms.Keith's protection, you are out of this school." Mr.Fiddle says pointing at Kegan, then looks at me with a stern look too.

"Ms.Keith, I will expect less violence from you also." I nod in annoyence and hear the first bell ring for homebase.

"You guy should best be on your way." Mr.Fiddle says shaking Kegan's hand then mine before kicking us out of his office. I take in a deep breath and snatched Kegan's schedual with a smile.

"As usual, we have the same classes. You'll have to be at my side the whole time, sit next to me where ever I sit, and have to deal with the same shit I'm going through." I say lowly, annoyed.

"Which is?" Kegan's question irritated me the most out of all of this. Hasn't he noticed all of the stupid glares and whispers, the obvious gossip passing right through us as if we aren't even there?

"High School."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry for the late updates I've been doing. I hope for comments to keep us inspired to update faster.