Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 51

"Can this be worse?" I mumbled to Kegan as I watch everybody in the lunch room become silent and interested mine and Kegan's walking pattern.

"Well, they can throw food at us calling us demons. Or just chant some bible prayer." I wanted to laugh, I wanted to smile at him and just be grateful that he was here, but if he wasn't here, I wouldn't be called a murderer five thousand times.

My first three classes were horrible; teachers kissed ass probably thinking that Kegan would report their bad teaching skills to the principle or even worse, my dad.

The only people who actually liked Kegan here, were the druggies, but even then they still thought we killed somebody or were sleeping together. Good news, Seung and Mika are trying to clear up the rumors for us, but I'm pretty sure if they don't talk to me, they'll probably ignore Mika and Seung.

"Don't make me laugh, they'll think we're coming up with a killing spree for this school." My voice was too serious for Kegan to understand that I was joking. When I look up at him, his jaw was clenched and he stuffed his hands in his pocket, he was staring straight at Jeffrey.

"You know, Jeff isn't that bad, Kegan." I mumble as a group of nosy girls past us hoping for an eavesdrop into our conversation. Kegan looks at me shocked once he had heard what I just said.

"So you were okay with him spiting out that we were killers? Did you actually like his hands all over you?" Kegan snapped, looking at me angrily. We made it to the long lunch line, it'll be hard to talk without having people hear us, so I stayed quiet, hoping Kegan would understand the situation we were in right now.

The last thing I need is another rumor passing by thinking I was pregnant with Jeffrey's baby and Kegan didn't know. I mentally roll my eyes wishing it never came to that. Jeffrey's a douche not to mention he's best friend with a certain douche of an Ex-boyfriend of mine.

"So you did like it?" Kegan's voice was low and I almost missed it, I turned around to make sure he didn't look hurt as much as he sounded. Shocker that Kegan hid his facial expression, easily as I turned to face him.

I shook my head, hoping Kegan wouldn't say anything as I grabbed a tray and skid across the line to get a carton of chocolate milk.

"How do you know him?" Kegan asks grabbing a juice box, then two forks handing me one, since I forgot to grab one.

"He's a friend of.." I trail off hoping Kegan would get it, but he looks at me confused, I mouth later to him after I grabbed an apple and grapes before getting a ham and cheese sandwich and reaching up to the cashier lady. I smiled at her before pulling out my school I.D.

"I'll pay for mine and hers, miss." Kegan's voice jumped in, and before I can get my money out, Kegan slips the lady a ten dollar bill. the lady smiles at Kegan as if it's the sweetest thing anyone has ever done in front of her. Before Kegan got his one dollar and twenty three cents back, I caught a glance at Kegan's wallet, filled with dollar bills.

Since when did he get so much money?

"School I.D, Please?" She asks both of us. Kegan slips The lady his school I.D and I give her mine too, glaring at Kegan quickly. After scanning the I.D's she smiled at the two of us.

"Enjoy your lunch." She says giving back our I.D's and we both walked away.

"Since when did you have all that money?" I ask, looking around to see if I can find Mika or Seung.

"Your dad pays me daily." Kegan says, pointing to Seung and Mika sitting outside in the courtyard. Kegan trails me to the door, but soon slows down.

"Who is he a friend of?" I was confused at what he was asking but remembered that I was telling him about Jeffrey.

"Travis, the ex boyfriend I told you about. You should know him." I mumble hoping Kegan would back off on that subject.

"Then why is he so touchy around you?"

"Travis, spread some bad rumors about me, Jeffrey just wants to know if their true or not." I say lower, embarrassed. Our steps slowed down a bit.

"I can do someth-"

"No, please, Kegan, if you do, it'll make things worse." I beg, looking into his dark blue eyes, still searching no emotion.

"How bad were the rumors?" Kegan's jaw was clenched again, but his facial expression had no anger shown. Kegan is good at hiding facial expressions.

"Let's just say, even Seung and Mika left my side once the rumors slipped out." My heels clicked and Kegan's questions stopped, Just as we were about to head outside, a voice came and stopped us both in our tracks.

"Didn't know you were into the older guys like that, Annette." I held in my breath, hoping it was just an illusion, and closed my eyes before turning around to face him.

He was taller, but still shorter than me when I wear my heels, he was buffer, he looked angrier, he shown more dangerous with Jeffrey and his other guy friend in the background.

He is Travis.

"I didn't know you were actually interested in me still, Travis." I snapped, hoping to get this conversation over with and started to walk, but stopped once Kegan wasn't following me.

"I feel a bit more excited with you knowing you have more experience with guys, now." Travis says loudly. The cafeteria grew quiet and my courage was slipping away.

"Just didn't think you would chose a killer to have sex with out of all older guys." Travis' comment made me glare at him.

"We're not sleeping with each other." I hiss, still holding onto my tray filled of food.

"It's sad that you didn't say he wasn't a killer, though."

Whispers blocked my train of thought, I hoped for Kegan to trail me away from him, but all I see is him clutching onto his food tray.

"So tell me, Annette, is this gang member better than me?" I knew what he was asking and I pushed my shoulders back to prepare for a snap remark.

"I don't even have to have sex with Kegan to know that he's bigger than you, Travis." I state loudly, having backgrounds of "OH's" ignite through out the cafeteria.

"You fucking bitch." Travis mumbles marching up to me.

Oh Shit!