Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 56

“How could I ever stay away from you.” She smiled, stepping forward, wrapping her hands in my collar.

I looked down into her beautiful eyes. They were so wide and innocent, fresh and new, curious but scared.

“I don’t think you can.” A smile toyed on my lips as I looked down into her eyes. She bit her perfectly red lip and stared up at me.

“Me either.” She smiled.

“Then don’t.” I smirked, wrapping my arms around her lower back, pulling her up.

As our lips touched, my whole body went numb again and began moving on autopilot. I couldn’t think.

My whole mind was fuzzy. My brain was going crazy. As we pulled away, I looked at her.

Lust filled her eyes, as she stared at me. That’s when I knew.

That’s when I knew everything I went though was worth it.

~*~

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I rolled over as my bed springs squeaked. I didn’t want to get up. Who did?

But I had to.

I flipped my feet out of bed, standing up and stretching. The sun was shining through the windows, in which the blinds were slanted.

The heated sun was shining in my face.

I slugged down the hallway, as the broken and creaky wood panels on the floor cracked.

I was tired of my house. I just wanted to go back to Annette’s house.

I hopped in the shower, lightly touching the steaming water. Sinking back into it, I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Maybe it was going to be a good day.

Getting out, I slipped on my dirty jeans that I attempted to clean fully the night before.

I slipped on a white wife-beater after wards and a jacket and went on my way.

~*~

“I don’t know why we had to come today.” Annette whispered under her breath. Her face was printed with worry, even though she tried her hardest to hide it.

“It’s going to be fine.” I pasted a smile on my face, as she looked up somewhat convinced.

The feeling in my stomach didn’t go away though instead it haunted me, growing bigger with each step towards the school.

The taunting red and blue colors lit up the school, painting the letters. Something about the school caused my skin to rise. What was going on with me?

As we walked into school, the halls were…different. My muscles twitched as she looked up to me.

“Can we please leave?” She asked me, as I knew what she was feeling. She was blaming this stomach feeling on the note, but I know something else was wrong.

Something.

“Calm down, Annette. They can’t do anything to hurt you.” I reassured her, pushing her lightly on the lower back, telling her to walk on.

Suddenly, she froze in her spot.

Glancing up, I saw Travis standing there with a sick smile on his face.

“What do you want?” I spit. His smile grew as his eyes glared into me. It made my stomach twist as Annette cowered behind me.

“What do I want?” He laughed as I stood up straight. Something what up.

“You fucking heard me.” I growled, stepping closer to him.

“You may not want to do that.” He laughed, slipping out a small black gun and aiming it straight at me.

“Don’t.” I said, sternly as Annette screamed, hiding behind me. The halls were the same eerie quiet, as we were already late.

The classes were packed and no one noticed.

Annette broke down crying, holding onto me. She clutched my stomach, as if that could help anything.

He aimed the gun down at Annette, who was huddled underneath me.

“A kill for a kill that’s what gangs do.” He laughed.

“I didn’t kill him.”

“One person close to another.”

“You didn’t know him.” I whispered.

“He was my cousin, you bastard.”

Those were the last words I heard, before a shot filled my ears.

I immediately shot down, protecting Annette.

And it worked.

It felt as if I was made of jello, and fire was soaring through me. My stomach began to empty out anything, but it wasn’t food.

It was blood.

My vision was blurry as faculty rushed out, attacking Travis. A distant crying filled my ears, as I could only hear a ringing.

My vision began fuzzier until all I was welcomed to was black.

Darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell us what you think!