Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 6

As she slammed the door in my face, I realized something. This girl really didn't like me. I sighed as I ran my fingers through my mess of hair and got in the front seat. Like I said before, I know how to drive. The thing is, I haven't done it in awhile.

"Okay." I huffed as I pulled out of the parking lot. The three kids were asleep. I looked over to Annette, who was slumped against the window. Her long brown hair, cascaded around her back.

She looked so small and peaceful sleeping. I heard a honk and realized the light was green as I sped off down the street.

I drove for about 30 minutes, staring up at the stars and what not. At the moment, we were creeping down a old road which seemed to never end. I couldn't help but take glances to Annette.

My eyes averted back to the road when I heard. "What happened to your gang?" She asked quietly as I jumped a little.

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you." She whispered. "Oh, um, I don't know. They were all older then me. We just kind of split apart." I say as she starts to comprehend.

She nodded and sat there quietly. It was a awkward silence that filled the air. "Hey Annette." I saw quietly. "Ya?" She asks while munching on sipping her tea. .

"Do you hate me Annette?" I ask bluntly. My southern accent shows when I become emotional or when I am really curious. "Well, I don't really hate anyone." She says quietly.

"Do you think of me as a friend?" I mumble. "You're my body guard, Kegan." She says, uneasy I can tell. What was I thinking? A diamond would want anything to do with a Rust. Psh, please.

"What happened to you Kegan?" She asked. This question caught me off guard. "What do you mean?" I asked, trying to stay calm.

"Where did you go?" She asked. I knew what she meant. This was something I hated to bring up. The past. I dropped out. It's not like I had a choice though, I knew the basics. Let's face it, I'm not going to college.

My dad was bringing in money, just not enough. We were slowly inching toward bankruptcy. Sadly, that dream of me getting any well paying job died along with mom.

"I, uh, dropped out." I say, biting into a cherry air head. We sat there for a little longer. "People thought you went to jail." She said, after determining it for a bit. My jaw clenched.

"I said you didn't." She said, with a small smile. So she didn't hate me that much? A smile raised onto my face.

After that, we talked for a bit. Finally something I feared happened. She brought up something I never wanted to talk about.

My family