Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 63

My mind went blank after seeing this man. Who was he? How does he know Kegan?

"Annette, this is David... Kegan's Dad."

Kegan's dad, the guy I've been wondering, who and where he was. I don't understand, two weeks of Kegan's injury, and his dad finally shows up?

Did his dad even know he was in here this whole time?

Of course he did, I mean it was on the news.

"David, this is Annette. Kegan's..." Dr.Rodriguez trailed off trying to find the words to label, me but I walk up the David and shake his hand.

"I'm Annette, Kegan's girlfriend." Calling me Kegan's girlfriend felt tingly on my tongue. It felt so comforting though. David smirks and looks away from my eyes, then shakes my hand.

His eye color reminds me so much of Kegan's, I missed those eyes so much.

"I-uhh, I didn't know Kegan had a girlfriend. Now I know why he's been out of the house so much." David meant that as a joke but I didn't laugh. Kegan never told he dad anything. Did his dad even care about him?

"Yea, well he always has secrets." I smile sadly.

"Annette, I have some news about Kegan, I was hoping to have Rey here also."

"Did it just happen?" I ask blocking away anything Rey. Last thing I want is Rey to be here, It'll probably be awkward.

"Yes, Annette, you probably need to sit down for this."

I look at Doc for a moment, hoping for a warning on how bad it was, but i obeyed, and sat down next to Kegan, holding his hand.

"Okay, how bad is it?" I glance at David for a moment. He already knew it, but he didn't even look phased by it.

"Kegan...Kegan is rejecting the blood transfusion." I look at him a bit scared, I put my free hand over my mouth, to cover a sob that's going to escape.

"That's not the bad part is it?" my question made Dr.Rodriguez shake his head. The sob escaped from my mouth, and tears fell from my face.

"Once he rejected the blood, he hit a seizure. It didn't damage any brain cells, but it will, be extremely impossible for Kegan to awaken from his coma."

My stomach made a big drop, not in a roller coaster way, more like I was the roller costar.
I felt like I had to throw up.

"No." I whispered tears escaping my eyes as I covered my mouth and sobbed into it. I sucked in some air causing it to sound like I was having trouble breathing. which I kind of was.

He has to wake up. He's Kegan, he can't just do this.

Soon it just wasn't my sobs coming out of my mouth.

I sprinted to the bathroom at lightning speed and threw out all of my sickness. Bits and pieces fell into strands of my hair getting it the way as I cried out the burning in my throat and heart.

I felt somebody hold up my hair as I threw up more. Embarrassed and exhausted from it.

After I was done I slammed down the toilet cover and tried to stand up, but my knees failed to have the strength to hold me up and I fell to the ground. The slapping of my skin onto the cold hard floor echoed through the room.

Darkness filled my vision.

"Annette!"
[***]

"Are you sure you want to do this Mr.Reynolds?" a faint whispered voice wakes me up from my sleep, as I blink away the blackness still lingering in my vision.

Soon I found myself in Kegan's room, laying down on a line of chairs supporting me from my black out.

I spot Kegan's dad and Dr.Rodriguez facing their back to me and looking at Kegan, as they have their hushed conversation.

"I have to do this, or this will never get done." Mr.Reynold's deep voice seeped through the room. My mind was confused. Were they talking about Kegan?

"What about Annette?"

"She'll move on, they always do." Now I'm interested, I sit up quietly and watch as Dr.Rodriguez runs a hand through his salt and pepper hair.

"You won't be sure of that, I mean she really cares about Kegan. Doing this will depress her. Did you not see her react to Kegan's seizure?"

"No disrespect but that is not my problem."

"But he is your son."

"Yes, and my son is now wasting a ton of money."

"If it's saving his life then it isn't wasting money."

"If he isn't going to be waking up then he is considered dead to me, now may I please have the contract to pull the plug?"

I gasped loudly, causing Dr.Rodriguez and Kegan's dad to quickly turn around, looking as if they were about to get run over.

My tears were beginning to fall down my face, as the words were repeated in my mind.

"Y-you're going to just let Kegan die?!" I stood up facing Dr.Rodriguez.

"Annette, I didn't offer the contract." Dr.Rodriguez states obviously pointing the finger to Kegan's dad. I close my eyes for a moment hoping he meant somebody else in the room other than Kegan's dad.

"Y-you?" I whispered pointing my finger at him, hoping my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

It can't be his dad. I mean that's Kegan's dad for crying out loud!

Kegan's dad-no wait I'm not refering him to Kegan's dad anymore.

David nods his head slowly, looking a bit guilty of what he was doing.

"Annette, I know this might sound cra-"

"How could you?!" I yelled stepping up to him. "You never visited him after two weeks of being here, and when you do you suddenly want to pull the plug?!"

"Annette, that is unn-"

"Yes it is necessary! He's Kegan's father! He has no right to be doing this! I'm the one who has been here everyday waiting and hoping he would wake up!" I screamed, wiping my eyes free from tears.

"David has only been here once. ONCE! I've been here the whole time and I'm not even his family! If I care more than his actual father does, then he has no right to be signing anything."
I snapped looking at David's sad facial expression, David takes a deep glance at me before walking up to me.

His height was way much more taller than Kegan, but he lowers his face to me and instantly had his large hand wrapped around my neck, lifting his grip making it impossible for me to breathe. My toes couldn't touch the ground now .

"Tomorrow I will have Kegan dead. No matter what you say or do. If Kegan doesn't wake up tomorrow, he is dead."
David sneers looking into my desperate eyes. I tried gasping for air, but David grips tighter.

"David!" Dr.Rodriguez yells causing David to drop my to the ground and take in a deep breath.

"You asshole!" I yelled out still holding my neck.

David walks out of the room with a glare and Dr.Rodriguez kneels down to my level gripping my forearms and helps me stand up.

"Are you okay?" Before i could answer that question, Kegan's heart rate sounded a bit quicker.

Doc noticed it too and turned around to face Kegan's laying body.

Kegan's heart rate became quicker and Dr.Rodriguez ran out of the room calling any nurse.

I ran up to Kegan and held his warm hand.

"No, no no. Kegan. I know you can hear me. Listen, I need you to fight. I want you to fight, for your life and for me. Please." I begged

the heart rate became faster and I griped onto his hand tighter.

"Kegan, don't do this to me! I need you here! You're better than this, your strong enough to take a bullet for me, now I need you to be strong enough to stay alive and wake up. I-I have nobody else who can deal with all of these emotions I throw out. You're the only one who can make me laugh so hard when I'm sad. If you leave me like this, I don't...." I trailed off.

The thought of Kegan dead..

"Please, Kegan. I miss you so much... I-I-I Love you, Kegan." I say loudly as Kegan's Heart rate speeds up faster.

Dr.rodriguez comes into the room. I stared at Kegan hoping for him to wake up.

Soon I felt the warmness around my hand, Kegan's hand was holding my hand! Kegan's grip was weak onto mine but I felt it wrap around my hand.

Kegan's heart rate sped up and soon, I hear the Heart rate disappeared, being replaced with a long Beep. As fast as that happened Kegan's grip was off mine.

"Annette, please move, we need to revive him."

I was so shocked at Kegan's movement that I felt arms wrap around me and drag me out of the room. Before i knew who it was I tried fighting to go back to Kegan, making sure I didn't miss another movement from him.

"I felt him!!!" I yelled

"Kegan! Don't do this to me!!" I screamed louder.

"He moved!" I screamed, having the door close in my face. My body squirmed as I tried to fight out of the arms.

"Annette!" My body stiffened at his voice. Rey was holding me, he pulled me away from Kegan. Who says he won't do it again? Who says Rey did that because Kegan would've wooken up by then and he didn't want me to fall in love with him again.

"Get away from me!" I screamed slapping Rey's arms around me, he didn't move he just held onto me. The way Kegan would. I miss him so much. He can't do this to me, he can't just quit!

"Rey, please." I whimpered out, through with yelling. Rey's arms slid off me and I took a couple of feet back.

"He can't be dead." I whispered, feeling so lost that I couldn't even cry anymore.

"He isn't." Dr.Rodriguez' voice had echoed through the empty hallways. I looked at him hopefully.

"He'll be okay, now that he's shown some movement, there is hope, Annette."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so tons of drama.... Just trying to make it intresting for our fellow readers and my partner in crime [:

Comment your favorite part! What do you think of David? Do you think Kegan will actually have hope? Why do you think Rey is there for Annette even though she turned him down?

Unfortunatley this story will be comming to an end soon. :[ But stay in tune for our next amazing double written novel [:

-Love, TheGreatPanic