Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 65

"Thank you." I whispered, handing him a twenty dollar bill before leaving out of the taxi. I didn't want to believe that Kegan was actually gone.

I mean sure Dr.Rodriguez said he was still alive, but the heart rate wasn't beating and I can't deal with the fact that Kegan was dead and Dr.Rodriguez lied.

I looked at the abandoned church I came across to, smiling sadly at the memories. The chilly breeze, made me rub on my forearms to warm me up as I walked up to the church and around the building to the peaceful garden they had.

The view caused tears to fall down my face once I remembered Kegan and I almost kissing here.

The grass was looking a bit brown and leaves are falling off their trees into the beautiful colors of yellows oranges and reds. My heels sunk into the damp grass so I struggled a bit to the water fountain.

It must have been my mind playing tricks because now I'm seeing memories. Memories of Kegan and I here the day we actually started to like each other.

"This place is so relaxing." I whisper, falling my head on Kegan's shoulder. In acceptation to my resting, Kegan wraps his arms around my fore arms, closing me into a room of warmth.

"This place is nice, I wouldn't mind going here everyday." Kegan commented softly, I took in a deep breath and watched an owl butterfly land on a flower-


I shut my eyes in pain, praying that it'll never happen again. I can't think about Kegan. I can't think about what body bag he's in right now. I can't think about who's not crying for him.

Tears fell down my face and I didn't care to wipe it off because I know, soon, I will be crying again.

My fingertips touched the brick material on the fountain before I sat on it. Silly me thought it would still have some of Kegan on it. In disappointment I realized it didn't. I kicked off my heels and felt the grass between my toes.

This place is relaxing, it would've been more relaxing with Kegan here.

"You're mean, now I'm going to faint." Kegan says putting his free hand on his forehead and landed on me.

"Ahh." I screamed out, having my hands and arms wrap around Kegan's neck. I can feel Kegan's lips land on my temple. While mine are on the edge of his collar bone. Was I really that short?

I felt Kegan's mouth open into a smile and his chest busted with chuckles.

"How are you not dying?" Kegan asks, lifting himself up in a push up position, and then pushed him self down. I screamed again, only to notice that he was doing push ups on top of me. Boy, how weird would that look if a random preacher came and saw us.

"Because you're heavy weight can't compare to Seung's" I joked watching as Kegan's face became close, then far away, close, far away, close, away. clos- I grabbed his face before he went back away, gazing into his eyes. What are you doing, Annette?!

Kegan's lips look so...Inviting? I held in my breath, hoping that lack of air would push away my teenage girl thoughts. But I still felt like I needed to kiss him. that's when I noticed I was staring at his lips, probably for a while because Kegan was staring at mine, in response.

Shit, he's moving in closer, I let my breath go, then took one in before our noses touched. My eyes closed, and our lips brushed, his breath smelt amazing- Then the phone rang.


I yelped out a weak scream before putting my head in my hands and resting my elbows on my lap.

He can't be dead! He shouldn't be dead! He doesn't deserve to be dead!

I sobbed out words I couldn't even understand myself.

Mixture of Love and Hate became my emotions while my tears kept falling. I hate this feeling, I hate everything about it. Knowing Kegan's dead and yet I keep hoping for him to come up from behind me and pull me into a hug.

Knowing the Kegan will not come back, but I still keep wondering if he's thinking about me.

I just want to feel him hold me again. To kiss me even though we have no idea what we are labeled as. I just want to tell him I love him and look into his dark blue eyes; just feel thoes butterflies in my stomach while doing it.

I jump a bit in shock once my mind plays tricks on me and I see him next to me smiling. I place my hand on his and he disappears.

"I just want him back." I whispered into my hands.

The wind blows again, I can hear it shuffle the trees in the process. It's the only noise I can hear, but it's still not comforting.

Nothing was ever comforting once Kegan was in a coma. Not even Rey, It just feels wrong with him.

This time I wiped away my tears and straightened out my back. Standing up I grab my heels and start to walk my way around the area.

I have to deal with this, deal with the fact that Kegan is gone. Accepting that Kegan will not show up. That he will not ever hold me again. He won't kiss me. He will never tell me he loves me because he's Dead.

Kegan. Is. De-

"Annette.."

I gasped inwards, closing my eyes as I turned around, hoping it wasn't my mind playing tricks on me again.

Slowly, I opened them, taking in another gasp as I saw the figure.

"Kegan?"
♠ ♠ ♠
:O Comment