Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 66

As I walked out of the hospital, I was no longer welcomed by the summer heat, only by the cold hair.

It instantly caused a shiver down my spine. I was skinnier and weaker, but I had to find her.

Where would she be? She wouldn’t be with Sueng and Mika. Would she be at her house?

No, it’s doubtful.

I don’t think it was a school day, because I’ve seen a few teenagers just down the street from the hospital.

It had to be somewhere secluded, some where no one would find her…

But I could.

Suddenly, it hit me.

The church.

I personally wouldn’t have thought of that. It was almost a sign.

Actually, it was a big sign saying “Fall Festival! Come one and all! Down Highway 9A Church Road.”

I instantly regretted having no money on me.

A young man came out behind me, handing me a twenty.

“Keep it.” He whispered, as a strange expression as written on his face.

“Rey” was carefully printed on his name tag.

“Thank you.” Was all I mumbled, before the taxi pulled over. Slipping inside, I stared forward.

“Abandon Church.” The words left my lips so carefully, as I didn’t look back. I was going to find Annette.

My arms ached to have her around me. My stomach and chest hurt every time I bent over. The stitches were uncomfortable. They told me I should just lay in bed, and rest up.

All I asked was if I was well enough to get up, as soon as they said yes, I was gone.

The church slowly came into view, as I handed him a twenty. “Keep it.” I repeated as I ran out to the private area. Leaves and trees covered the fountain that I knew was at the back.

My heart and stomach churned as I wondered, “What if things changed?”

“Annette.” Her name escaped my lips as I saw her come into view.

She turned around slowly, her eyes closed. She slowly opened her eyes, as she gasped.

“Kegan?” She asked, hesitantly. A smile rose on my lips as she ran toward me, wrapping her arms around my neck.

My stitches burned from her but what the hell. I fought for this moment.

I intertwined my hands in her hair, kissing her softly. Her lips were salty as she shed more tears.

“Sh…I’m here.” I whispered, softly, Pressing my lips to her head.

“I thought you were dead.” She sobbed, tearing into my shirt.

“Stop it, Annette.” I said, tilting her head up, as I kneeled down.

“You were dead for-“

“I’m here now, Annette. I’m here for you and that’s all that matter.” I whispered, whipping her tears away.

She was so beautiful. This simple job turned into one of the best experiences. I love this girl so much that I took a bullet for her.

Was that really it? Do I finally love some one?

Her breath was shaky, as her tears subsided just slightly. “I am so so sorry.” She whispered, as a few more tears fell.

“I did what I had to do, Annette. We’re both here now and it’s perfect.” I whispered, kissing her lightly on the lips again.

“Oh Kegan.” She sighed, exclaiming my face.

“Annette…I love you.”

As I said that, her face changed. Love is such a strong word, as it felt foreign on my tongue, but so warm and welcoming.

I have never actually said it, and meant it until now.

“I love you too.” She whispered, as a smile merged on her face.

This was it. I was Annette’s bodyguard, and her lover.

She was my best friends, and my everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yess, this is the last chapter!

But wait!

There's still a epiloge coming up. As of now, what do you think of the story? Love it? Hate it? Wish there was more?

Do you wish Kegan was YOUR protecter?

Would U read another story if we wrote it? <3