Status: Active(:

He's My Protector.

Chapter 67

"Kegan, are you dragging me to a cliff?" I joke extending my arms in front of me to try and feel anything because of my lack of eye sight.

Kegan's arms wrap around my waist as he still kept a tight grip on the blindfold around my head.

It's been two years since Kegan and I reunited again and I've got to say, those have been the two best years ever in my entire life. I dealt with the gossip, I dealt with the bullying, and I graduated. Kegan, of course, was the loudest to scream once I crossed the stage and got my diploma.

Seung and Mika are still together. Mika still being a complete whore, but Seung likes it. He loves her just as much as she loves him. I guess it's some kind of connection they have that keeps them together for so long. I hope they have babies, I think that's what I'm looking forward to, their amazing good looks will make a sexy family.

My parents were supportive of Kegan and I's choice to being more than just friends. Dad kept paying Kegan as still being my protector, mom kept giving me safe sex talks, and even though it was embarrassing enough, both of my parents gave Kegan the talk too.

Once I turned eighteen, Kegan and I both attended University of Pennsylvania. I joined because of its great medical course. Kegan joined because he wants to watch over me. Even though I'm eighteen, and not allowed a body guard anymore, Kegan will still be there taking a bullet for me.

Kegan's major is Criminal Justice, so we all know where that's going towards.

I'm going to become a nurse, I guess my time at the hospital became worth it. Dr.Rodriguez even said he would save a job for me.

Since we're talking about hospitals, I bumped into Rey a year ago. He's crazy cool with his life and even found himself a fiance, last time I talked to him his lady was pregnant with twins. I told Kegan about my 'cheating' incident with Rey, and he laughed it out, glad that I saw him as a boyfriend even at that time.

In case it wasn't obvious before, Kegan and I are, infact boyfriend and girlfriend, official two years ago. Today is our two year anniversary. Kegan, cheesingly, blinded me and demanded me to let him take me on a secret place.

"Just keep walking, we're almost there." Kegan whispers in my ear then kisses my neck as we both walked together.

"Do I know where I'm going?"

"No you do not."

"Can I guess?" I trip over something as I kept walking.

"No you can't, just stay calm, we're almost there." Once Kegan said that, I felt his arm hit the back of my knee and carried me the rest of the way.

"Kegan, why won't you tell me where I'm going?" I whined, reaching for my blindfold.

"Annette, don't ruin the surprise. You'll love it, I swear." Kegan states, confident, as he still carried me, and then stopped.

"Can I take it off?" I asked, reaching for my blindfold again. Only to be caught with Kegan's he laced our fingers before meeting our lips and pulled away making me feel blown away.

"No."

"Why not? We're here right?"

"I'm going to take it off." My heart started to beat faster as I felt Kegan tug on the blind fold, it was off and I slowly opened my eyes, and gasped.

"Oh. My. God."

We were on a boat, the twinkling lights hung all over the yatch and blended in with the night sky. There was a table ready for two. Covered with black and red table cloths, napkins and plates. On the floors was rose petals, showing a particular line trailing behind me.

My eyes followed behind me and I turned to face Kegan, kneeling on one knee. He holds a single silver band with a diamond in his hand.

There is a banner in the background that says 'Annette Say Yes' My mind becomes blank as I gaze back to Kegan.

"Annette, will you marry me?" Escaped his lips and I watched trying to put things together. Kegan rises from his knee to both of his feet and study my eyes. I think I've finally been unreadable to Kegan.

"I-I-I mean it won't be soon, we can just be engaged until we get an apartment, a career and then we'll finally get ma-"

"No." I whispered not even realizing that I said the wrong thing at the wrong time. I watch as Kegan's face falls.

"N-No?" Kegan mumbles, looking away. I watch as he puts the diamond ring in his pocket.

"No!" I wrapped my hand over his wrist before he placed it into his pocket.

"I meant- No to-the- uh-Ohmigod No I didnt mean.." I took in a deep breath and looked at Kegan, smiling so happily. Grabbing his collar, I pulled him down and pressed my lips with his.

I hope he gets the hint, that I didn't mean what I said before. I pull my lips from his and shake off the dizziness that never seems to go away whenever I kiss him.

"Yes, I will marry you Kegan. Just not later, lets get married now." My whisper seemed to shock Kegan. He pulls away from me and gazes into my eyes, cautious.

"Now?"

"Yes." I giggled at his facial expression, but he shakes it off and kneels back down, slipping the silver band around my ring finger, then kissed it lightly.

"We're engaged." I yelp a happy squeal as Kegan grabs me by the waist and lifts me up, kissing me while doing it. My legs wrap around him as I kiss him back.

"Annette Reynolds, has a nice vibe to it."

[****]

Ten years passed by and Kegan is still a great husband, and father. We now have two children, both girls, with amazing dark blue eyes and light brown curls. Knowing Kegan he is going to protect his daughters the way he protected me, I'm glad about it.

We live in a beautiful home, no thanks to my dad's money. Thankfully having no more than four bedrooms. I never really enjoyed the huge houses, Kegan didn't either.

Kegan is a licensed police officer building his way to become sheriff. While I work with Dr.Rodriguez, assisting him to surgeries in the E.R. He says I'm his good luck charm. He is so superstitious that I have to be around every one of his patient in a coma.

Kegan and I made it clear that we didn't want our daughters to be afraid of being who they are. Especially to the bodyguard you love, I say. Causing our young daughters to fake throw up and run away.

It's amazing how one thing I voted against could be so life changing. If I didn't have Kegan as a bodyguard, then I wouldn't be having this amazing family. Kegan is amazing, not only is me my husband, he's my best friend, he's my lover, he's my baby daddy, He. Is. My. Protector.
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't believe it.. this story is finnished. I had fun updating!! Be sure to comment, and add us as friend to make sure you catch up on our new story. :] They Lived Happily Ever After...The End

New story right now here VVV

http://stories.mibba.com/read/422887/Pigeon-Mail/