Falling for Days

Mariya

Brian

We were waiting for Ana to get out of surgery. All of the girls were in tears but Niki was the worse. My dad had driven up with McKenna and Suzy after he heard what had happened. Niki and Ana’s father and sister had arrived at the hospital about an hour ago.
“Where is Mariya?” dad asked as he looked around the waiting room.
“She hates Ana. She would only come if it were Lizzie, Carlo or me. She wouldn’t do anything to help Ana unless it would help me too” Niki said softly through her tears. Lizzie walked over to her and pulled her into a hug.
“What kind of mother just ignores one of her children?” Suzy asked appalled.
“Mariya does” Carlo stated.
“And you let her?” Jimmy asked clearly upset.
“He does his best to give Ana everything her mother won’t. He and Niki do everything to stop her from doing or saying anything offensive to Ana. Carl acts more of a parent to Ana than Mariya does” Mark said.
“Is Ana out of surgery yet?” dad asked.
“No why?” Bianka said.
“Because I need to get a DNA test from one of the twins” he said softly.
“So it’s true, you could possibly be our father?” Niki asked softly. Dad nodded. “I’ll get the DNA test then.” Dad nodded and the two of them went to talk to a nurse.

Ana

All I could hear was a constant high pitched beeping noise. I felt pain, it overwhelmed my senses. I tried focus on something other than the pain but it didn’t help at all. I couldn’t smell anything. I did my best to open my eyes but every time I did there was a blinding light. The beeping increased and my world faded to darkness.

I was finally able to open my eyes. It was dark; the beeping sound was still there. The pain was still there. I lifted my head enough so I could look around. A hospital room, that was where I was. My sister was asleep in a chair by my bed. I tried to take a breath but something was blocking my airway and I started to chock. Niki woke up as a nurse rushed into the room. I did my best to relax as the nurse took the breathing tube out of my throat while Niki held my hand.
“What happened?” I asked after the nurse left. My voice was raw and my throat was dry. Tears started falling down Niki’s cheeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?