Status: Writing

I Swear to God That I Can Keep a Secret

00

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves before walking into the dark Grey building before me. Mumbling my list of things I needed under my breath I tried to ignore the sounds of the store’s sound system. It seemed to taunt me as I grabbed the things I required; finally I was able to escape. Getting in and out in five minutes was a new record and it left me smiling for the first time all day, even as the memories of my past flooded my senses. It was hard to not think about the life I had left behind, or Alex, especially when I had a constant reminder for all my pain. No matter how hard I tried to fight it, I still thought of the last day I was in Maryland.

Flashback


“Stop calling me Alex please,” I growled into the house phone that had been ringing nonstop all day after I turned my cell phone off.

“But Charlie please baby can we talk?” Alex pleaded.

“No Alex I think we have talked about everything we need to.”

“Please Charlie I love you,” He begged.

“Yeah I know you do Alex,” I sighed before I hung up the phone and ripped it out of the wall, tossing it onto the ugly green couch Riley begged me to get, telling me it had character. I walked back into the small bathroom, and picked up the white test with the blaring pink plus sign staring at me, letting tears run down my cheeks again because of Alex.


I smiled in my rear view mirror at the sleeping toddler currently sucking his thumb and holding on to his favorite purple monkey Riley bought him last summer when she came to visit. Jumping when the car behind me honked its horn at me, only now realizing the light had turned green. I pushed on the gas peddle smiling one more time at the only gift from Alex that I was proud to kept.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am 100% aware that this is short, and sorta fillerish but I swear it picks up from here and its good. I have about four chapters pre written and most likely will be posting very slow :] Tell me what you think of this first chapter and be completely honest. I like hearing what you liked or didn't like :]