Status: Active (-:

Love's Determination

Two

Two

An owl hooted somewhere outside in the dark, but Elsie and Ginny paid it no mind and continued scribbling on their parchment. Mrs. Weasley was to go to Diagon Alley the next day and had instructed each of them to make a list of what they needed and wanted for Hogwarts.

When George asked why they wouldn’t go with her themselves, she gave him the most menacing look and didn’t answer. That had shut him up and he consented. They all knew, of course, the reason why they would not be aloud to go. You-Know-Who was back and Mrs. Weasley didn’t want anything to happen to her children or the other Order members children.

Elsie looked over her list once, satisfied that there was nothing else she needed. She rolled onto her back and stared up at the moldy and cracked ceiling above. Her eyes fell shut and images of Ron drifted across her eyelids.

“Elsie, do you think that the Minister really would have expelled Harry if Dumbldore hadn’t intervened?” Ginny asked, folding her piece of parchment together with Elsie’s. Elsie opened her eyes and turned her head, meeting Ginny’s pale blue eyes.

“Yeah Ginny, I think he would have. But let’s not think about that,” she added, ruffling her friends hair. “Harry is going to Hogwarts and you’ll have more than enough chances to make him jealous.” Ginny chuckled and shook her head.

The door opened then and Hermione walked in, a letter in her hand. It had Elsie’s name scribbled sloppily across it in blue ink. Hermione tossed it onto Elsie’s stomach on passing. “An orange owl brought this for you,” Hermione said, pulling out a piece of parchment, a quill and bottle of ink.

Elsie nodded and sat up. “Thanks Mione.” She glanced at the hand writing for a moment and knew who it was from instantly. She tore the seal, aware that Ginny was leaning over her shoulder. The small piece of parchment inside the envelope had only a few words.

Dear El,

Sorry I haven’t written in awhile, things here have been chaotic. I’m in Romania, staying with Charlie Weasley. Tell Molly and the rest that he’s fine. Have a brilliant year at Hogwarts and don’t get into to much trouble.

Aunt Kenny

Elsie folded up the letter, a content smile on her face. It was rare that she got to hear anything from her aunt and even rarer sense You-Know-Who had come back. Kenny was in the Order too and Dumbledore had her on a mission.

“What could she be doing in Romania?” Ginny wondered aloud, running a hand through her orange hair. The door opened and Ron and Harry stepped into the room.

“Who’s in Romania?” Harry asked looking from Ginny to Elsie and then to the letter she held in her hand.

“My aunt Kenny, she’s staying with Charlie,” Elsie answered, trying to keep from staring at Ron’s chest. He was wearing a tight fitted t-shirt that hugged his muscles. “She didn’t tell me why she was there, but it must have to do with the mission Dumbledore gave her.”

Harry nodded, running a hand through his messy hair. Ginny looked about to swoon, but Elsie slapped her arm and she stood up strait. Hermione asked the boys if they made their shopping lists yet. Ron looked down, purposefully avoiding Hermione’s stern gaze. Harry continued to run his hand through his hair and he too wouldn’t look at her. She rolled her eyes and mumbled things under her breathe, pulling two pieces of parchment, two quills and an ink bottle off of her dresser.

“Come here and make your lists,” Hermione ordered holding out the things she’d just gotten. Harry stepped forward and took them from her, bringing them back to Ron. “Now, sot down and make those lists. I’m not letting you leave this room until you do.”

Ginny and Elsie snickered, receiving a glare from Ron and an eye roll from Harry. Ginny hopped back onto the bed. Elsie snatched a box of every flavor beans from her night stand and the girls sat with their backs against the wall, giggling as they watched the boys make their lists, with constant supervision from Hermione.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay, but I've not been on the computer much lately.

xoxoGreen