Status: Alive.

Give It Up

Mr. Grouch's Office

That's not his real name, by the way. It's actually Mr. Gearheart. Everyone in Jess' graduating class heard the nickname before they even met him, but the name fit him perfectly. He had a huge, bushy unibrow that Jessilyn swore looked like a giant caterpillar above his eyes. His face was always accented with a frown, and sometimes if he was mad enough a hint of red instead of his normal pale skin color. So, he pretty much always looked pissed.

"Ah, Mr. Moore. I haven't seen you for about...three days now. I was beginning to worry you just haven't been showing up at all," Mr. Grouch said in a sarcastic tone as Cadence flopped himself down in a chair in front of his desk. Cadence merely smirked at him and ran his fingers back through his pale hair.

"Nah, I just wanted you to think I was being a good boy for once. I'm sorry I had to make you wait," he said back, holding down a chuckle but his smirk growing. Jess sighed quietly and finally shuffled into the room completely. She felt Grouch staring at her, probably shocked. She tried holding her breath as she moved a chair farther away from Cadence's and sat down in it. The room reaked of vanilla and garlic; she thought she was going to vomit. She peered over at him through her hair, only to see him staring, just as she had expected him to be. She looked down at her hands again and swallowed hard.

"And to what do I have the pleasure of growling you for, Miss Johnson," he asked her, a faint smile on his lips. Even by his tone of voice she could tell that he was amused by her presence.

"Arguing with Moore," she muttered quietly, and Cadence chuckled. Apparently he was enjoying this as well.

"She made someone cry, Jason," he said, throwing his hands in the air with a grin on his lips. Jessilyn made a small face and glared over at him.

"It was your fault anyways, you ass," she hissed. Grouch chuckled at the two of them. He'd seen worse than just name-calling anyways, he'd just enjoy listening to Jessilyn speak out for once. Any other time she was soft spoken and shyed away from everyone, he was sorely mistaken.

"Hey, I'm not the one who brought it up anyways, you did! She was fine before you ran your mouth, so therefor, it's your fault," Cadence concluded, leaning back in his chair. Jess stared at him; was he fucking stupid or something?

"Just...screw off. You're not even worth getting in trouble for anyways," she muttered, shaking her head. She looked to Grouch, who was scribbling down their names on detention slips. He handed them the papers and she looked at it.

"Detention? But...I didn't do anything wrong," she said, frowning deeply. Cadence just shrugged and looked at her.

"Shut up and take it, Jess. It's better than having in-school suspension," he said, shrugging again. He wasn't even effected by the detention. He'd probably skip it anyways.

"Well, it's on the day of the party, Cadence. Aren't you just screwed," she said with an evil smirk. He shrugged again and stood, shoving the slip in his pocket.

"Nah, not really. I'll just be a little bit late," he said, then walked out. Jess sighed quietly and walked out as well just as the bell rang. She ran a hand through her hair and swallowed hard as she walked up to Jamie, then hugged her. Jamie pushed her away gently.

"I don't need hugs, I'm fine," she muttered, flashing her a weak smile. Jess nodded a little bit and bit down on her lower lip.

"Don't worry, Jame. We'll get him back. No, scratch that. I'll get him back for you," Jess said to her, her evil smirk returning as her mind started to wander. Cadence was definately going to pay for this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments everyone. More would be appreciated, and subscriptions and all of that. (: I'm really excited about what she's going to do, are you?