Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 14.

"Willow, I need to know if I can trust you," I said tensely, I was starting to tremble again.

"Ummm...Sure Aaron," she said softly, I could have sworn she blushed ,but now wasn't the time to acknowledge it.

"This is a secret that could get me killed ,Willow," I told her my hand on her shoulders making me look her in the eyes," You've already seen too much that it could get you in allot of trouble. I don't know what could happen to you! I need you to know that I'm not here to hurt anyone. I'm hiding from allot of people. I need to know you won't turn me in."

"What did you do Aaron?" she asked me looking scared.

"It's what they did to me," I whispered," Promise me this can stay between us. Promise me ,Willow.."

"I promise ,Aaron," she whispered looking in my eyes as my hands untensed, letting her go and I took three steps back.

"Don't scream," I whispered and closed my eyes looking down after slipping my shirt off.

I dropped my shirt on the grass. My wings spread out wide with a six foot wing span. They were dark chestnut brown that got lighter around my wing tips. My face shifted as my beak appeared on it and my hands turned rough as they became talons. I looked at her as she just stared in disbelief. I turned away from her and ran through the grass jumping into the air letting a faint updraft keep me above the water and I flapped my wings lightly gliding above the water. I banked a hard left trying not to laugh. It felt good to be me again. I landed on a long a little ways out. It sank and I fell into the water.
I went just under water and swam back to shore crawling on land. I let myself fall into the grass as the sun came up and bathed the back of my wings in light. I looked up at her and searched her expression.