Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 19

“I was a success.” He said, quietly. A success.

“If you were a solider…” I paused. “Who were you fighting for?” I mumbled. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to know the answer.

He didn’t answer, as if he was recalling a memory. I was afraid to know the answer, by the look on his face, it wasn’t a good memory.

“Was it for a war?” He shook his head. “Was it for a country?” I asked again, but he just sighed and shook his head.

“You’re not going to guess it.” He sighed. “Then tell me.” I said, smiling sweetly.

“Are you sure?” He asked, hesitantly. “I’m sure. Tell me everything and anything.” I smiled.

“As I said, I’m genetically altered. Other ones of my kind put together these fights to see who were the strongest.”

“And you won.” I finished up for him. It was hard to believe a killer was standing before me.

“And I won.” He finished. When he noticed I was silent, he continued. “Are you scared?” He questioned. I just shook my head.

“No.” I wasn’t. I knew something about this boy was off. “Thank you.” He simply said, but it meant everything to me. I stared up at him.

He trusts me. I trust him. He could kill me.

But he wont.

And the scary thing is,

I think I’m falling for him.