Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 23

We got to the edge of the forest. We had been walking in a comfortable silence, staying in our own memories.

Once the houses came into view I slipped of his shoes and looked at him. “Aaron. I want to tell you something.” I sighed.

I knew I had too. “Yes Willow?” He asked, snapping out of his memory.

I picked his chin up before putting my hand to my side again. It was numb where I had touched him but I disregarded that.

“School around here is very different.” I paused, hating myself for saying this. “If I don’t say hi in school, don’t take it personal.”

He opened his mouth to speak, his eyes searching mine for an explanation. “It’s nothing bad. Just, this school has groups. I’m with Ava’s.” I looked down at my fingers ashamed.

“You won’t be. I don’t think you’d want to be.” I hated myself. I wanted to break down crying, giving up and just forgetting groups and schools and spend the rest of my time with Aaron.

Side by side and sharing secrets. “I get it.” He said simply. “We are still going to talk though, after school and stuff. But in school, its just more trouble for the both of us. Okay?” I asked, as he shrugged and walked inside.

I felt horrible.

~*~

The day had gone smoothly. I had no classes with Aaron. Actually, I haven’t seen him. Not once.

Not until lunch anyway.

I was sitting there silently, as always, eating a small salad. I listened to the mindless gossip shared between Ava and the Ava-Wannabees.

I turned my head to see Aaron sitting alone. He glanced up and smiled quickly, before getting a evil glance from Ava.

“Stop it, Ava.” I mumbled. “Oh, she’s so scared of you!” One of the Ava-Wannabees shouted, causing Aaron to glance up.

The other mini-Ava’s giggled in agreement. “Shut up Renee.” Ava said, to the one who said that.

“Don’t speak to me like that, Hun. Not here anyway.” Ava said, toward me. “Don’t speak to me like that!” I stated.

“What happened to the little six year old girl I myself looked out for?” I asked her.

“She grew up.” She said, standing up. She pulled me up by her and she was towering over me in her stilettoes.

“She grew up into a bitch.” I said, sternly and clear. She pulled me out into the hall was with her robot girls and slammed me against the wall.

“I don’t know what that boy put into your mind, but your still the same Willow Clark. I still rule you.” Once she said that, I lunged at her, just to be pinned down by her groupies.

Then, I saw him. Aaron. He was staring from the door. “Oh lookie here! Her boyfriend is coming to save her! Woopdi do!” One said sarcastically.

I struggled to get up but Ava’s manicured nails held me down. That’s when Ava took it too far.