Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 32.

As soon as the though left my mind her boyfriend dragged me across the fence. I yelped but he stuffed a rag in my mouth to silence me. His friends laughed as he threw me on the ground. I looked up at him there were three guys behind him. I closed my eyes and looked down.

"Let's take him for a ride guys," he said as two of them jerked me up by my arms and threw me in the back of the truck sitting there with me.

"You need to learn your place kid. You might've been big wherever you're from ,but around here no one would miss you," the bigger one said.

"I bet he wasn't even big where he was at," the thin one laughed.

I tuned them at and watched where we were going. It was pretty far out from the city. I guess they weren't completely stupid. They knew to get out of the town when they were going to beat the shit out of someone. If I fight I'll kill them. For Willow I have to control myself. I can't make her life worse. I've done enough. I thought to myself.

Soon I was thrown from the truck. I stood up and pulled the rag from my mouth but as I did I was punched across the cheek. I jerked my head back and shoved my fists in my pockets. I knew if they were free this boys would die. I just knew it. I stared at them but soon I was on the ground. I was bruised and bloody. My body threatened to drop me right here ,but I didn't let it. Soon the boyfriend pulled off his belt and swung it as it hit my chest and I cried out turning on my side.

"Get up fagot!" he shouted as I stayed still my eyes squeezed shut and teeth clenched.

He belted me again and again. Soon one of the metal pieces flew off. My body was bruised up bad and my shirt was ripped from the constant sweat and being jerked around. I was curled up and shaking ,but I wasn't crying. It didn't matter how bad they hurt me, I wouldn't cry for them. He kicked me hard one last time and the two in the back threw rocks as the boyfriend threw me in the back. This time I was alone in the back. They all sat in his truck laughing at me. I swallowed hard ,but choked back tears. I wouldn't cry over this. I did what was best for Willow. That was all that mattered.

"I hope you learned something ,fagot," the boyfriend said as he threw me in Willow's yard.

They left me there and all I could think was rest. I needed to sleep this off. I stood weakly ,but my legs gave so I drug myself to the wall of her house. My eyes slowly shut after I closed my eyes and next thing I knew I was asleep. I didn't dream or have nightmares. I just slept. I though I died at first when I woke up. Everything seemed so bright. I tried to call for help but it came out in painful groans. I couldn't speak. It hurt too much. I slept pretty late too, The sun was completely up. No ones coming for me I thought to myself. I was on my own. I was alone and scared. That was all I'd ever be.

Suddenly I heard the door open and I saw Willow. She looked worried and pissed at the same time. I couldn't smile and try to tell her that it would be okay. I hurt so bad I wasn't sure of it myself.

“What happened?” she shouted me searching my eyes.

I had to lie just this once and talking would probably be the death of me," Nothing."

My voice had to be strained to get the word out and have it sound like a word. I hurt me so bad.I didn't know if I'd make it out of this one at all. I couldn't move properly to take care of myself.

“Who did this!” she shouted again.

“Her boyfriend!” I cried out.

My eyes stared tearing at the pain it took to match her voice. She ran back inside and I knew if those guys got a call from Ava again I'd be dead for sure out in the open. I had to walk home. So I forced myself to a stand and almost fell down again. I couldn't fall again though because I wouldn't get up if I did. So every step was forced. I had to trust Willow to handle her own problems this time. I couldn't keep holding her hand anyways.

Mr. Tod saw me by the time I got to the drive way. He saw me fall to my knees as I started crying. I couldn't get to the front door. I was going to die. I was going to die this time. I looked up and saw him running to me. He pulled me up on my feet and helped me get inside then brought me to my room. He looked scared.

"Son, I wasn't serious when I told you not to come back. I was just mad. You didn't have to go and tear yourself up like this," he said spraying my throat with some medicine to help my voice," You're sick bad ,Aaron. Who did this to you?"

"The chicks boyfriend," I said looking up at him," He's got friends."

"Do you want me to call the police?" Mr. Tod asked.

"No. I just want to rest," I said softly and turned my head slightly.

"Alright, you can't go to school yet so you've got two days. I'm going to work," he told me and walked out.

Moments later I heard his car start and him pull out. I'm glad he isn't mad anymore and isn't making what happened worse. It's time to start patching me up anyways, I thought pulling out my needle and thread and started sewing up the knife wounds. Nothing fatal it looked like ,but I still wasn't sure. I was half way done when someone started banging on the door making me stick my vain in my shoulder.

"Shit!" I hissed and got up, limping downstairs.

The stairs were still not my friends even though I'm getting passed the trauma of the pain. When I opened the door I saw Willow crying.

“I can’t go back home,” she choked as I opened my door for her to come inside.

"I don't know what Mr. Tod will say ,but I'll let you in on any occasion," I said keeping my voice soft," I need to finish with my right arm and start on the gash in my stomach. Until then I don't recommend being in my room."

"I don't care right now ,Aaron," she told me and I shrugged then regretted it from the stab of pain.

"Then come on," I said limping up the stairs.