Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 34.

When she walked in my room I stabbed myself lightly and winced just slightly. I looked up and said,"I said you shouldn't’t come in he-"

"I don’t care. I’m not watching!" she snapped and stared at my wall curling up in a ball so I went back to stitching.

"Does it hurt?" she asked bluntly ,but I never looked up.

"Yeah," I whispered needing to focus.

"I'm sorry," she blurted out ,but I still wouldn't look up.

"For?" I asked quietly.

“For everything,” she answered.

She turned and faced me then came and sat beside me as I finished stitching the wound in my stomach. She lightly touched the stitched up wound and my whole body tensed. She laid her head on my shoulder as I lightly touched her head.

"You don't need to be sorry. I brought this on myself. It's still worth it though. Every last second of it was worth this," I whispered.

"But it isn't fair to you ,Aaron! If I weren't here you'd be as safe as you could get!" she said as I lifted her head to mine.

"Safety is meaningless when you hate your life," I whispered making her look into my eyes," I need a reason to be here."

She just stared into my eyes as I lightly kissed her lips and closed my eyes before letting her face go and rising to my feet. I close my eyes stretching as my spine pops and I rotate my shoulder back in its socket before reopening my eyes and looking at Willow. She looked shocked ,but I shrugged then yawned.

I crawled back in my bed and looked up at her. She seemed to blush faintly ,but I just smiled up at her. She seemed to snap back to the real world as I yawned again.

"Where would I sleep?" she asked me as I sat up not wanting to be awake but I had to take care of her.

"In my room. I will stay on the couch," I yawned," but first I'm taking some pain killers and cough medicine."

I limped down the stairs as she followed and I dug through a moving box labeled "meds". Mr. Tod was nice enough to labled everything before he packed me up and moved us here. I swallow three Advil and two Tylenol with the throat spray stuff. It was hard and I almost choked but Willow helped me looking very concerned.

"Aaron, you could over dose if you keep doing that," she warned me ,but I shook my head.

"I could take both bottles in the same hour and live. I can take as much as I want and live."