Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 42.

I just kept looking up at the fading stars but as I did my eyes filled with flashes of color. Just then everything started spinning, I tried to focus ,but I couldn't it was just too much. I watched as the world went black.

I watched as the tiger boy leaped through the air and I somersaulted to the side. He lashed out at me ,but I ducked fast clawing his stomach open with my talons and leaving him to die. I jumped into the air as darkness took over the ground telling me this wasn't real. It wasn't happening because it's impossible. I circled above the ground watching the shadow swallow the ground and bottom of the ring. Just then a huge arm shot up taking hold of me, it crushed my wings against my spine ,but there was no pain. I struggled ,but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't escape it. I called out for help ,but none came. I was just pulled into the pit of darkness.

"Aaron, you have fought and ran so long. Why don't you just rest here with me?" the voice asked.

I couldn't see anything and I thought it was better not to talk to it and just work on getting free for now so I did ,but the voice kept making sweet promises of peace and rest, the cost was what kept me fighting. I had to let go of everything. The voice was asking me to die.

"I'm too stubborn to die. I guess you didn't know," I said looking at it.

"Sleep with me Aaron. Rest forever in the safety of my den," I felt it breathing on me," Sleep."

I started panicking and calling for Willow. I thrashed myself about trying to hurt myself bad enough to wake up. I didn't want to die. I needed to keep us alive. If I died I couldn't protect her, I couldn't keep her alive, she'd die right now. I had to wake up! I had to do something. I needed to hurt myself or scare myself bad enough to wake up.

"What are you?" I shouted, I knew if this was death it couldn't be pretty.