Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 43

Just then, Aaron fell the ground. “Aaron?” I said, worried. “Aaron?” I shouted.

“Aaron! Wake up!” I shouted, beginning to worry more and more. “No…No….Aaron wake up. Please.” I shouted, trying to level my voice.

Bringing his head into my lap, I felt his pulse. It was slowing down.

He was dying.

“No…No Aaron! Aaron, what’s wrong!” I asked, my eyes burning. “Willow.” He rasped out, even though he was unconscienous. His face shown with fear. He kept repeating my name.

His body twitched as if trying to trash away from something. It scared me.

“Aaron! Wake up!” I shouted, making his sit up.

That’s when I felt it.

Moisture on my hand. When I looked down, I saw my hand decorated in blood.

Yanking up his shirt, I discovered his stomach gash bleeding and open once again. He was loosing so much blood.

I searched through the bag for the needle and thread. I began sewing up the wound. Blood was all over my arms, making my elbow down red. I realized then it wasn’t just the skin that was bleeding.

It was his actual organ.

I can ‘t believe I’m doing this.

But I have to save him.

I reached into his wound, finding the loose stitches, causing his organs to bleed.

“Aaron, please stay with me.” A tear was in my eye.

I began to stitch that up. So much blood. It’s everywhere. I had to finish that and I had to quick.

If I didn’t….

He would die.

I realized his stomach was much bigger. The muscles were swelled.

The root.

The root had caused it to implode like this. I was worried for myself, but I wasn’t the one dying.

I thought back to when Ava and my stomach’s bloated from rotten food. The agony. I got one of the waters and poured it down his throat.

“Drink it, damn it!” I screamed. I was scared, and my hands were shaking. I went back to fixing his gash.

Poking him a few times, accidently from all the shaking, I finished up the stomach.

I had to work on the skin. I began stitching up the fragile skin.

His body seemed to be burning up. What was this from? I seemed to be normal.

For now.

He can’t always protect me. It was now my job to protect him.