Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 47

I kissed him back before his beak came. You know that feeling where you know you should run instead of fight?

Ya…I don’t have that feeling.

When he shooed me off, I knew I wanted to fight. I knew I couldn’t. I took a long look at him before running off.

I prayed that wouldn’t be the last time I saw him. It couldn’t be.

The wet oak tree’s passed me one by one. I heard snapping behind me. A growl. A growl erupted through out the woods.

I ran faster. It was my nightmare from earlier this week that came true. My legs were burning and my ribs were on fire.

I slid to a turn, as my foot slipped. I hit the ground. My knee busted open, making it virtually unable to get up again.

Lights were searching through out the woods, casting a shadow on the large creature coming toward me.

The wind whipped my hair around. No…I knew what was next. The light landed for only a moment, on a large fearful creature.

It looked like Aaron. It was half wolf though. His wings flapped toward me, grabbing me. His rough fur, rubbing against my arm.

“Game over.” He growled, flying me up toward the helicopter.

I failed to stay safe.

What will Aaron think…