Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 50.

When my twin slashed her face I jumped up in the stands running to her. I took her in my arms and opened my wings wide turning and jumping into the safety of the air. I wasn't fighting. I was fleeing. I held her close to me looking around for an exit as I circled the air. The stitches in my shoulder were stretching and starting to break. I was weak from blood loss. I had to keep us both up. She was bleeding on my shirt. He just barely missed her eyes. I couldn't escape. And I couldn't fly forever.

"133, fetch me the raven," my creator said snapping his fingers as my twin jumped into the air and I banked a hard left to dodge his claws.

I kept moving ,but all the same Willow was slipping slowly. I got low to the ground and let her go into the dirt. My twin was as good of a flier as me. He chased me and was fast ,but right now I had a reason to be running for my life. It wasn't my life I was running for. It was Willow's. I flew right towards a wall and lifted up so close to the wall that I skinned my knees on it. Then I flew back to where Willow was after hearing my brother crash into the wall killing himself. The lizard was about to slash her chest ,but I was over her in a heart beat and he got my back in mid flight making me crash land a few feet away.

"S-Sorry, I wasn't here s-sooner ,Willow," I said knowing my wing was broken for sure.

She got up and ran to me pulling my limp body in her arms. I closed my eyes so I wouldn't have to see my brother's brains crushed against the wall. I drank in her sent and even though she was bloody and crying I enjoyed the sent.

"Even as you listen you can sabotage everything I planned ,132. That's fine. I have a plan B," he said as Willow was jerked from me and I was drug away from her.

"No! She's just a human! Leave her alone!" I shouted struggling ,but the only thing that changed was the fact instead of being knocked out I was fully conscious.

They threw me on a metal table, face down, and stripped me down. My old clothes were thrown in the trash and I was being operated on. Or my wing was. I knew I would be back in the color white again soon. I would also be caged up and away from the rest of them.