Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 52.

I threw myself against the bars knocking my cage around tell it fell over which was even worse as I fell on my broken wing. I opened it resting it across my side as if it were a sheild. I could act as one if it were metal ,but it was bone, feathers, and nerves. I let it rest fanned out against my side since I was sitting up now. The other was fanned out across my other side. This was the same room as before. This is where I rotted before.

"The next few days are going to be rough on you ,132. They will be very harsh and I hope you stay misrible. I like to see you mad and reckless," Creator said to me as he touched my face, examining my stitch work.

"You faught while you were out?" he asked.

"Yeah," I answered and bit his hand as he jerked his hand forward making my face smash into the bars.

I bolted into the bottom of my cafe that now formed a soild wall. He glared at me as I stayed in the corner. He stuck a long rod that channeled eletricity through it in my cage. It touched my side and cried out in pain. My eyes shut tight as I just cried out tell he pulled it away and I collapsed against the wall.

"Do we understand eachother ,132?" he asked leaning down so he was eye level with me.

I spit in his face and he stormed out leaving me there. I hid my face behind my wings and closed my eyes. I hid in the seanctuary of my dreams.

I was holding her close in the forest beside the lake. My eyes shut as she fell asleep against my side covered and warmed by my wing. The stars were shooting across the sky and somehow everything was okay. I kissed her head softly and smiled brightly. My wounds were gone and we were safe. We weren't hurting or hungry. We were happy.

"I love you ,Willow Clark," I whispered in her ear as I let my eyes sink closed.