Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 67

As I escaped through the tunnel, I ran through the forest. The tree’s knew what I was looking for.

They had mice and snakes out of they’re hiding spots for my pleasure.

Closing my eyes, my vines gripped one here and one there, dropping them into my bag.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps.

I climbed straight up a tree and hid behind the brush. There was a young FBI agent, alone.

He was looking for us. He dared to venture into the deep dark jungle. “I know you’re here somewhere.” He said, his voice shown his fear.

I was tense, not moving a muscle. He was right under me. If I moved at all, he would kill me.

The bag full of mice as weighing down my shoulder. It began to ache. I couldn’t move though.

I had to stay still.

He stayed there, attempting to find us, by staring and listening. One of the mice in my bag wasn’t fully dead, and squeaked.

The FBI agent shot his head up. “You.” He whispered. I squeezed my eyes shut and wrapped a vine around his neck.

Hopping down onto the ground, I let my vine choke him. I saw his face turn red…purple…blue…pink…white.

His body went limp. I had just killed a man. I grabbed his small shotgun off his side and slipped it into the bag.

The man had a soft face, and a small hint of stuble. He couldn’t be over 25. I just killed a innocent man.

I couldn’t look at him any longer. I slipped down the tunnel and landed by Aaron.

I tipped open the bag, pouring out the dead mice along with the gun.

“Willow…” He began before his voice dropped to a whisper.

“Willow…where did you get this?” He asked, as I shut my eyes.

“Willow answer me.” He said, getting a bit louder. I squeezed my eyes and shook my head, falling to the ground in a ball against the wall.

“I killed a man.” I whispered. “An innocent man. We could have had kids! He looked only 25.” I whispered.

“You did it to save us.” He attempted to comfort me, pulling me into his arms. “We need to hide the body.” He began as I shook my head.

“The tree’s covered that.” I whispered.

My gut ached. I hurt a helpless being. All this time I’ve been a healer.

Now look at me.