Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 68.

She was so sensitive. Weather she realized it or not she was still so close to Innocent. I kissed her lightly ,but I was too sick to give much comfort. I fried the mice quietly over a torch and ate them contently. I didn't bring it up again. I told myself I would kill and she would heal. She didn't grow up killing and stealing to survive. I was the heartless one not her. She was still so human at heart. I looked at her and smiled some.

"Why are you smiling? I'm a monster!" she said glaring at me.

"You're so Innocent. Like a child," I whispered," You remind me that there's still good in the world. It's been so long since I thought about how much I've changed. I never really did."

"I'm not Innocent," she whispered.

"I'm not cute anymore either," I said and she said nothing.

I wasn't anymore. She's seen how easily I could take a life. She's seen how deadly was. I wasn't cute ,but she wasn't scared. We were quite the pair. I kill and she heals. I looked at her and kissed her softly. She touched my face and I relaxed closing my eyes. She leaned forward and kissed me back. I relaxed and held on to her tightly. She smiled at me when I wrapped her in my wings. She seemed content. I held her tight keeping my talons points pointed at me. I didn't want to be the one who pierced her skin. I closed my eyes and deepened my breathing. We are safe as can be.