Sequel: Into The Light

Left In The Dark

Chapter 76

“What?” Willow said in disbelief and stood, backing up.

“They have her, your sister,” I said quietly,” It‘s no longer your responsibility to take care of her. It‘s just us now.”

“No ,Aaron. We have to save my sister,” she said as I realized why I was so scared of leaving her by herself.

She, like almost every human alive, does not understand what it means to survive. To survive in our situation you must cut all bonds from all unlike yourself. Meaning: it’s just me and her we must look out for. She doesn’t understand that and is proving that she is a risk to our survival. She’s leaving me with two choices. I don’t want to make either my final decision. I look at her for a long time and finally sigh.

“You‘re leaving me with two choices. Don‘t make me choose one,” I said softly as I stared into her eyes.

“What are they?” she asked.

“I‘m not telling you,” I answered and turned my back on her quietly,” I‘m going this way. Away from town. What you do is your own business. I‘m not going back for your sister.”

I walked away into the darkness. I felt my emotions shut down and crawl in a hole. I closed my eyes and just walked until I felt the grass under my feet. My hearing spiked and my eyes became a raven’s. I found myself hidden completely in the trees and falling asleep. Another dreamless day passed and I jumped down walking to Ava and Willow’s old house. I slipped in a window to find the house ransacked. I walked quietly up the stairs and knelt by the blood on the floor. I touched two fingers in it then pressed them too my lips. Human, so Willow wasn’t harmed. I walked into Willow’s room and saw her curled up in her bed. When I got closer I noticed she was knocked out. Set up, I thought and turned around fast.

“She‘s passed the point of her usefulness. Wouldn‘t you agree ,132?” my creator whispered, pressing a gun to her head.

“Just take me instead. Turn everyone loose and take me instead,” I whispered as he smiled.

“You are a wise one,” my creator whispered and removed the gun from her head walking close to me,” Don‘t move. This won‘t hurt.”

I closed my eyes as a needle slipped into my arm. I didn’t hurt. It was just pressure. I felt myself falling. Falling into nothing at all. I dropped a note by her door as I was carried out. I was unable to move and speak. My eyes shut and I just stayed there. I didn’t feel like putting her in any more danger. I remembered what the note said. I remember it by heart because I wrote it before I went to sleep.

Dear Willow,

I don’t want you in anymore danger ,but I know I can’t stay away. I don’t know when I see you again ,but you need to get out of town as fast as you can. I swear on my every being I will find you. I will always find you. I need you to understand that. I need you to understand that I love you ,but don’t want you to come find me. In my heart I know you will try anyways. Goodbye Willow.

-Aaron Knight.