Save Your Heart for Someone Who Leaves You Breathless

o15.

“No, no honey.” Anthony said, trying to soothe her.

“Yes.” She whispered and began crying again. “I don’t think that I can wait two weeks.”

“No, Renee, God, no, darling, please don’t give up.” He said, his voice catching.

“Why not?! Nobody on this goddamn plant seems to give a fuck about poor Renee getting the life beat out of her every fucking day! Nobody even cares.” She started to sob.
“Renee?”

“Y-Yes?”

“I care. And I will always care, and I will always protect you, no matter what.”

“Anthony. You can’t protect me if your not here.”

He just sighed, realizing this.

“Renee, please don’t give up, within two weeks I’ll be back home to love and protect you.”

“Anthony, I’m scared.”

“I know, honey.”

“No, Anthony, I’m scared Ryan might kill me before I get the chance to see you.”

Anthony’s heart broke at the thought of the girl he loved dieing.

“No! Don’t think that! I would never let him kill you Renee! Please, just don’t think that way!”

There was no answer, so Anthony decided to change the subject.

“Where are you at, anyway? I didn’t recognize your number.”

“A-At a payphone. Ryan check’s my phone, and he thinks I’m at the grocery store right now.”

“Renee, I have to go, I am packing all of the stuff so that the second I can leave college, I am. To come home to you.”

And nothing had ever sounded so good in either of their ears.

~~~

And Anthony did leave the moment he was done with finals. He was in his already packed car, heading towards home on the four hour drive he had ahead of him.

Renee left school and got into Ryan’s car, trying to put a smile on her face.

“How does it feel to be no longer be a sophomore?” he asked her.

“Great.” She said, smiling a fake smile.

When they arrived at Renee’s house, he took her up to her room and took a nice short black dress out of her closet, along with black high heels.

“Put these on.”

“Okay.” Renee said to answer him. Ryan hit her when she didn’t.

She went to the bathroom to change and came back out with the tight fitting short dress.

“You look absolutely sexy.” He said to her when she stepped out.

He grabbed her around the waste and roughly brought her to him, kissing her roughly on the lips and neck, grabbing her ass.

Unwillingly, he pulled away and dragged her to the car. Once he was off of her, Renee breathed a silent sigh of relief.

They went to some nice restaurant and Renee didn’t know why.

He saw her confusingly eyeing the restraint and answered her thoughts.

“Just wanted to take my girl out to eat.”

And he did. This confused Renee.

It was only when they were getting back in the car and heading toward her house that she realized that one year ago today was the first day he slapped her, leading to all of this. Renee couldn’t help but think that just maybe, because of that very reason, something very bad was going to happen to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Getting more intense! Comments?