Save Your Heart for Someone Who Leaves You Breathless

o18.

Eventually Anthony was allowed to go back to see Renee. He sat her beside her bed in a chair and took her hand in both of his, kissing it gently, just as he did so, her eyes blinked open.

Renee felt her hand move, and blinked her eyes open. She saw Anthony there, beside her, kissing her hand.

It was the perfect moment, but then she realized what had gotten them here.

She laid her head back, staring up at the ceiling tears in her eyes.

“He raped me.” She whispered, tears rolling down her cheeks.

A sob made it’s way out of Anthony’s throat for this vulnerable girl.

He slid into bed next to her wrapped his arm around her, bringing her closer as she lay her head on his shoulder, being careful not to tangle the tubing.

They both lay facing each other, tears rolling down Renee’s face, tears welling up in Anthony’s.

“I am so sorry.” He said, stroking her cheek and looking into her eyes.

“For what?” she asked, confused.

“For not being there to protect you.” He whispered.

“It wasn’t your job Anthony.” She said, comforting him.

“It is now.” He whispered, kissing her gently on the lips. Her heart rate increased and a nurse came into the room, smiling at the young couple kissing each other lovingly, and left.

“H-How did I end up here?” she asked when they pulled away, faces still close on the pillow, their breath mixing together

“I left my campus to come home to you as soon as I could, but when I got to your house you didn’t answer. So I found a spare key, realizing something was wrong.” He closed his eyes. “I went upstairs, and found you laying on your parents bed, only covered by a dress that he must have thrown on you. I called 911 and they brought you here.” He opened his eyes when he felt soft lips kiss them. “My heart broke when I saw you.”

“Why?” Renee asked she couldn’t figure out why he cared so much about her. “I don’t understand how you could care so much about me. It just seems too good to be true.”

“Renee.” Anthony said, bringing her body closer to his. “Just because some piece of scum couldn’t love you, doesn’t mean someone else can’t.”

“Y-You love me?” she asked.

“Yes. So, so much. I love you with all of my heart, and I have since the day you knocked my books out of my hands in the hall.”

She blushed, and then looked up at him.

“I love you, too, Anthony.” She whispered.

His heart swelled. Those simple little words seemed to change his life, as he grinned as he brought her even closer and kissed her like she was the most precious thing on Earth.

Because she was.

Before long, Renee had fallen asleep there, in Anthony’s arms, but Anthony couldn’t. He was too in love with her and happy, his heart beating much to fast to be able to fall asleep.

He looked down at the beautiful girl curled up on his chest and realized that she was all he had ever needed. He loved her more than life itself, and he realized that he would definitely do anything for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know, don't hate me, but I had to do it! Comments?