Save Your Heart for Someone Who Leaves You Breathless

o19.

Eventually, everything that had happened blew over. Renee was let out of the hospital with no serious injuries except for some bruises on her neck and other places. Ryan was taken to court and convicted of rape from all the evidence that was found against him. And Renee’s parents had come home immediately when Anthony called them. Not only were they in great debt to Anthony, but they absolutely adored him, and made sure, whenever they went on vacation or a business trip, that Anthony was with Renee to protect her.

But best of all? Renee and Anthony could finally be together without anything going wrong.

Tonight was one of those nights where Anthony slept over Renee’s house, because her parents were on a business trip.

Anthony lay on the couch with his head on Renee’s lap as they watched the movie A Walk To Remember.

Since the movie was extremely boring for Anthony, he had just closed his eyes and enjoyed being with Renee.

He opened his eyes though, when he felt something wet land on his lip. He opened his eyes to see Renee crying silently.

He was immediately sitting up and bringing her into his arms, kissing her on the forehead.

“What’s wrong?” he asked her.

She just laughed.

“It’s nothing, Anthony, really. This movie is just extremely sad.” She said smiling up at him. Relief flooded his face. “You are too protective of me.” She said smiling at him and weaving her fingers into his hair.

“I have to be protective. I don’t want anything, ever, to happen to you. I love you too much.” He said, leaning down to kiss her. She immediately kissed him back as he laid her down so her back was on the couch and leaned over her.

She bit his bottom lip, knowing that it set him off, and he tightened his grip on her, bringing her closer as she arched her back into him.

One of his hands trailed a path down the side of her stomach, down her hip to the back of her knee, where he grabbed and pulled up so that she was straddling him.

After a few more minutes kissing, Renee slightly pulled back away from Anthony.

“I-I’m sorry.” She whispered, embarrassed as he stared at her confused and panting. “I just can’t yet.”

“Renee,” he said once he realized what she meant. “I wasn’t planning on having sex with you, not right now anyway.” He said, blushing. “I would never do that to you after only a month of what happened.”

“Thank you.” She whispered and kissed him lightly on the lips.

“I love you.” He said.

“I love you.” She smiled back.

“I never get tired of hearing that.” He said, closing his eyes and resting his head on hers.

“Me either.” She whispered.

“Or of saying it.”

She chuckled, “Me either.”

“I love you.” He said once again.

She giggled, “I love you too, Anthony.” She said beaming up at him.

His eyes suddenly flashed open as an idea flashed into his mind.

“Move in with me.” He blurted out.

Her eyes widened. “W-What?”

“Not now, obviously, but when you finish high school, move in with me. We can get our own apartment and live in it together, away from everything, just you and me.”

Her smiled widened as she nodded and kissed him once more.

“I would love to.” He beamed down at her as a surreal look came over her face.

“What?” he asked her, grinning.

“It’s just, surreal, you know? Like nothing this good could ever happen to me. I don’t deserve you.”

“You seem to have that the wrong way around, ma’am.” He said smiling down at her. “I’m the one who doesn’t deserve you, but here we are, happy and in love, and I wouldn’t want it any other way.”

“Me either.” She whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for reading! Comments?