Status: Active

Waking up Just Got a Little Too Weird for Me

Chapter Fifteen

Four days. It had been four days since Alexander had tried to kill Casey. It had been four days since she'd spoken a word. It had been four days since she'd eaten anything. Nobody had tried to talk to her, really, as they didn't know how to deal with the strange girl. But somebody was going to have to do something. She wasn't sleeping well, as it were blatantly obvious from the bags under her eyes, and they almost had to force her to drink something. She just sat by the fire, wrapped up in the same blanket from four days ago. She hadn't bothered to changed clothes and they were fairly certain she wasn't planning on it anytime soon.

"Somebody should talk to her," Much said, looking at the pitiful girl.

They didn't even bother to lower their voices, as she didn't pay attention to what they said anyway.

"I agree. This is getting ridiculous. She hasn't eaten in four days. She's going to wither away if someone doesn't intervene soon," Djaq replied.

"What are we supposed to say?" Will asked.

"More importantly, who do we send?" Michael asked.

He had confessed to being Gisbourne's son that day, and told them his life story. Obviously saving Casey's life was enough to redeem him, and they quickly accepted him into the group. He had been more open since then.

"Robin, obviously. He's the leader," Allan replied.

"We'll save the talking until after we eat," Much said..

He scooped out a bowl of the stew and slowly brought it over to Casey.

"Casey, you need to eat. I know you have to be hungry. You haven't eaten in four days," he said, trying to hand the bowl over to the girl.

She merely nodded, grabbing the bowl and setting it beside her.

"Casey, you have to eat," Much replied, trying to be stern but failing miserably at the sight of the pitiful girl.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

"There's nothing to be sorry about. You did nothing wrong," Much said, stroking her head.

"I need to take a walk. Clear my head," she replied.

And with that, she got up and walked out of the camp. The outlaws looked to one another, unsure of whether or not to follow her. Finally, sensing that no one else was going to, Allan stood and made his way after her.

He wandered around aimlessly for a bit, not really looking for her but expecting to stumble upon her eventually. His assumptions turned out to be correct, as he found her huddled underneath a tree, staring straight ahead. He sat down beside her and wrapped his arm around her. To his surprise, she didn't immediately shrug it off as he had expected, but leaned into him. She buried her face in his shoulder and the wetness seeping through his shirt let him know she was crying.

"What's on your mind, love?" he asked softly.

"What do you think?" she mumbled sarcastically, not moving her face from his shoulder.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked.

"No," she replied shortly.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, all the while Allan running his fingers through her hair as she cried silently. After about ten minutes, she finally spoke.

"I miss home. I miss my parents, my brothers, my friends, everybody. I miss being in the 21st century, and having Starbucks and watching Star Wars and changing my underwear and taking bubble baths-"

Even though he had no idea what she was talking about, Allan sat and listened to her rant for a good fifteen minutes. He didn't even bother to ask her what "waffles" were, although he kind of doubted that he wanted to know at all. Finally, she started to speak slower and quieter.

"-and I miss not being confused about my feelings and being able to go for what I wanted. I just want to go home, but I'm never going back!" she started to sob, and Allan just held her tighter.