Status: Active

Waking up Just Got a Little Too Weird for Me

Chapter Sixteen

"It's all right, love. Or it will be, at least," Allan said, pulling away from her so he could look into her eyes.

"It's not though. I'm not going home and strangely, a part of me doesn't even want to anymore," Casey replied, as she wiped her tears on the back of her hand.

"What do you mean by that?" he asked, a strange tone overcoming his voice.

"I mean that I'm so confused about my feelings and thoughts that I don't know what I want," she said as she slumped forward a little, resting her head in her hands and her elbows on her knees.

"What do you think you want?" he asked, leaning forward to try and look at her face.

She looked towards him before turning away.

"Casey. What do you think you want?" he repeated, turning her face to him.

In her mind, Casey was having very conflicting thoughts. On the one hand, she was almost positive that she was head over heels for the man who was looking into her face with such intensity. On the other hand, she knew that she had to get home and if she expressed her feelings, it would never work out and they would both end up broken hearted. But then, who knows when she was going home or if she was going to at all. She could have time to spend with Allan, and that's all she really wanted. But she couldn't stand to see him hurt. Which is what would happen when she had to go back. Which brought around the vicious circle.

So when he stared into her eyes with such emotion, asking what she thought she wanted, she blurted out the first thing that came to her mind.

"A bear."

"You think you want a bear?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"So you want me to go find you a bear?"

"If you would be so kind."

"If that's what you want."

He stood up and grabbed her hands, pulling her to her feet. They made their way slowly back to the camp, not really saying much.

When they finally made it back, Casey went straight to where her unattended stew was, and began to devour it. Everyone gave a surprised look, except Robin, who shared a knowing look with Allan.

"Alright. So I'm off to find a bear. Who wants to join me?" Allan asked.

Everyone gave a weird look, the one they usually reserve for Casey, until Allan sighed.

"Will?" he asked, turning to his best friend.

"Whatever you say, Allan." Will said, getting up and following him.

* * *

"Allan. Why exactly are we looking for a bear?" Will asked, looking at his best friends determined face.

"Because Casey wants one," was the short reply.

"Why does she want a bear?"

"I don't know. But she does. So I have to find her one."

"You love her, don't you?" Will asked softly.

"What? Love her? No, mate. I don't love her. I just don't want her to be all sad and stuff, you know?" Allan replied, laughing slightly to cover up his blush.

Truth was, he wasn't exactly sure where his feelings were on the girl from the future. He knew that he liked her, I mean, who wouldn't? She was cute, funny, witty, and just fun to be around. But love? He wasn't sure about that. How would that even work out anyway? She was 900 years younger than him. And she would have to go back to her own time shortly anyway. He didn't want to start something with her and have her leave to go back to whatever life she led in her time. He would end up hurt and he knew that. And he didn't want that. But thinking of her made his heart swell. Seeing her smile, wishing secretly that smile was for him. Then he thought to her sitting under that tree, looking so small and pitiful that he wanted to hold her in his arms forever. He remembered the reason she was like that, and as fast as he could blink, his emotions turned to anger. Alexander. The mere thought of his name made Allan go crazy. He promised himself that the second he saw that stupid boy, he would tear his eyes out and rip his heart out with his bare hands.

"Allan? Allan?"

He was pulled from his thoughts by Will waving his hand in front of his face.

"Yeah?" he asked as Will put his arms down.

"You looked ready to kill somebody. Are you okay?" Will asked, looking at his friend with concern.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just thinking," he responded.

Will opened his mouth to respond when they heard a loud crash a good distance away.

"Bear?" Will mouthed.

Allan smirked and nodded.

* * *

"So why did Allan and Will go hunting for a bear?" Much asked.

"Because I told Allan I wanted one," Casey replied.

"Why exactly did you tell him that?" Robin asked.

"I honestly can't tell you. I was confused and venting my feelings, and then he was asking me questions and I said the first thing that popped into my head." she said.

"Why was a bear the first thing in your head?" Djaq asked.

"Because, I was thinking how totally scary it would be if a bear came and jumped out at us," Casey said.

"You are one strange girl," Much said as he went back to cooking.

"What? It would have been scary!" she defended.

"What was he asking you about that made you say you wanted a bear?" Marian, who had joined them a few minutes before Allan and Will left, asked.

"Nothing," she replied shortly.

"He obviously asked you something that you didn't really want to answer. What was it?" Marian asked in an undertone, so no one else would hear.

They both stood up and moved a little out of the way so they could talk without anyone overhearing. Robin gave Marian a pointed look but she just shrugged it off and pointed to Casey. They sat down a little outside the camp and Marion urged Casey on.

"He just asked me what I wanted," Casey said softly.

"And what is it that you wanted that you didn't want him to know?" Marian urged.

"I'm not exactly sure, but I'm almost positive it's him," Casey whispered so softly Marian had a hard time hearing her.

"So why don't you tell him?" Marian asked.

"Because it would never work out. I'm from the future and I would have to go home soon and I wouldn't want to hurt him," Casey replied.

"Casey, you can't base something like this on events that could or could not happen. You may not go home for several months and then you would have wasted all this time you could have had with him. You should enjoy the time you do have with him, whether it be hours, days, or years, " Marian said.

"Yeah. But he doesn't love me like I love him. He only wants to get into my pants," Casey said.

Marian looked at her funny, not understanding her future lingo.

"He wants to do me."

"Do you what?"

"He wants to have sex with me."

"Oh! You don't know that! I've seen the look in his eyes, now that you've been around. He acts different. And he's out catching you a bear because that's what you said you wanted."

"He probably only went out there to show off. He won't bring anything back but a few squirrels."

"You never know..."

Casey thought for a moment, and at that moment Allan and Will entered the camp, carrying a big, black bear.

"Oh my god! You actually got a bear?" Casey shrieked.

"Well yeah. That's what you said you wanted," Allan replied.

Casey spun on her heel to look at Marian, who just gave her a knowing smirk in response.