Status: Active

Waking up Just Got a Little Too Weird for Me

Chapter Three

"This is stupid," I said as we were huddled in an alley near the castle.

"Would you rather us just barge in there and get ourselves hung?" Jonas asked sarcastically.

"Yeah cause I'm sure Keith and Richard would really do that," I said.

"Who are they?" Jonas asked.

"The Sheriff and Gisbourne," I said, looking at him like he was stupid.

"Let me guess, I should know that because I'm some Jonas guy that works for them," he whispered.

"Not for them. With them," I corrected.

"Either way it's crazy so it doesn't matter," he said, turning around and facing the outside of the alley again.

"What are we waiting for anyway?" I asked boredly as I examined my fingernails.

"The signal from Allan," he said distractedly.

"And that would be….?" I questioned as we heard a tussle start out in the streets.

"That," Jonas smiled back at me.

* * *

"Wow. Can't believe that actually worked," Joe said as we made our way into the elaborately built castle.

"It's called acting," I said in a sing-song voice.

"It's actually called you need to be quiet and accept we're not from this future you speak of," Jonas said.

Just then my cell phone went off playing the stupid default ringtone that it came with. In the two years I had it, I still haven't downloaded anything different. I made a mental note to change that when I got done today.

"Hello? Hello?" I said into the receiver.

I looked down and saw the signal bar on zero.

"Damn. No signal," I said as I looked up at everyone.

They were all looking at me as if I had just said they were all the spawn of raccoons.

"Witchcraft," Gordon whispered as I stuck the phone back into my pocket.

"What in God's holy world is that thing?" Joe asked curiously.

"A cell phone," I said stupidly.

"And that would be?" Harry asked as we continued down the hall.

"Not playing your dumb game," I said as I walked ahead of everyone else.

"Do you even know where you're going?" Jonas asked.

"Nope," I replied.

"Okay. Well I say we split into two groups. Much, Will, Casey and I will go find the strong room. Allan, Djaq, and John, you go rescue the man that's to hang," Jonas said and everybody went their separate ways.

"Why did you want me to come with you?" I inquired as we made our way up some steps to what I assumed was where Lucy's room was.

"I wanted to keep an eye on you to make sure you didn't do anything stupid," Jonas replied as we appeared to reach our destination.

They really went all out to build this castle just to trick me. Or maybe they built it and decided to play a trick on me along the way. Or maybe not….

* * *

"Will, would you do us the honors?" Jonas smirked as he nodded towards the entrance of the strong room.

Harry smiled as he got out some chisel thingy and stuck it between the door and the wall. He began to knock on it gently with a hammer from his tool belt and this went on for about 15 minutes until we heard rapid approaching footsteps.

"Dude this so reminds me of an episode from season two," I said as I allowed myself to be dragged behind a pillar by Harry.

"It'll be Djaq," I whispered in his ear.

He looked at me funny as much jumped out to attack none other than…. a castle guard.

"Hm. Guess I was wrong," I said as I looked down at the guard's fallen body.

"We need to get in there to get the silver," Jonas said, completely stepping over the body and examining the door.

"Hello! I know your just acting. I'm in on the joke. I know everything," I said in a sing-song voice once again as I stooped down beside him.

"You really are the strangest girl I've ever met," Sam said in bewilderment.

I ignored him as I stood up.

"I think Sam really did a number on this guy," I said to know one in particular.

No one paid any attention to me as they examined the door.

"How long do you think it will take you to get it open?" Jonas asked as he and Harry peered down opposite ends of the hallway.

"Another ten minutes. At least," Harry replied as he turned his attention back to the door.

"Great. I'm bored," I huffed as I sat down.

I wish they would stop all this nonsense and get back to real life.

"You sound like the Sheriff," Jonas said absentmindedly as he kept a look out.

"And that's exactly where you'll be going if you don't tell him to be more quiet with that," I pointed at Harry sarcastically.

Everyone choose to ignore me as Harry chiseled away at the door. I played with my hair, studied my nails, and finally he got the door open.

"Dear lord, you would've thought the door was glued shut," I exclaimed to several confused faces.

"Let's start by getting the silver out. We need to go the back way out of the castle. We each take two bags. I'm going to see if I can find Marion," Jonas said as he slipped away into the shadows.

"Just like him to leave us with all the work," I grumbled as we set to work.

* * *

"What have you done with the silver?" Jonas asked as he came up behind us outside the castle.

"Put it in that cart in the alley. We'll have her sit in front and say that it's the food that is to go to the church in Nettlestone," Harry said, pointing at me.

"Whoa whoa whoa. I never agreed to this! Oh well. What can go wrong?" I asked as I climbed into the front of the cart.

"We snagged some guards uniforms on the way down here. We'll be your escort," Harry said, passing a uniform to each of the men and Anjali.

We got ready and pulled the cart from the alley. Joe and Harry grabbed some horses and hooked them up to the cart.

"Are you ready?" Jonas asked me as he peered up at me from under the guard's helmet.

"You look ridiculous," I said as I snapped the reins on the horses.

We got to the south gate and were stopped by the guards.

"What's all this?" he asked gruffly, pointing to the cart.

"Food for the church. Sheriffs order," Gordon answered in the same gruff tone.

"Sorry lads but that transport left an hour ago. Where are yeh really going?" the guard asked, stepping dangerously close to the cart.

"We were actually delivering a transport to…," Anjali started to say but was cut off as the blanket was pulled back and the silver mixed with food was exposed.

"Ah see now the Sherriff will be looking for this gold here shortly," the guard grinned a rather toothy grin.

"Yes and he won't be getting it see, as we're taking it," Joe said as he jumped up into the cart and snatched the reigns from me.

Everyone jumped on and it was a rather bumpy ride as the horses galloped away from the fast approaching guards. So bumpy in fact that I fell off. And everyone was too busy to notice that I was gone.

"I'm so suing for workers’ comp." I said as I stood up and brushed myself off.

"Ah. What do we have here?" the guards stopped the horses in a circle around me.

"It's okay. It's me. Casey Warner. I play Lily Weaver," I said tiredly.

"What are you talking about?" one of the guards asked curiously.

"Oh man! Not you too! I see Jonas got to you. Tell me, did he get to Keith, Richard, and Lucy?" I asked, shaking my head.

"The Sherriff is going to like this one," The guard smiled as another one tied my hands together and we began the short walk back to the castle.

"Oh yes. I'm sure he will," I replied sarcastically.

Little did I know of the surprise that awaited me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to empea for commenting and actually being my first commenter.