Status: Active

Waking up Just Got a Little Too Weird for Me

Chapter Seven

"Maybe I have to go back in the clothes I came in," I suggested later that night after dinner of what else but rabbit stew.

I was holding my clothes longingly, wishing so hard that I could go back and watch Star Wars.

"I don't think there's anything there," Robin replied with a bored look on his face.

"I know but maybe-"

"There's nothing there, Casey. We've been there twice for hours at a time. We're just going to have to look somewhere else," Robin stated with finality in his voice that said not to argue.

I sat silently, musing to myself. Dinner had just been finished and I had the strongest craving for a being in stupid 1192, I knew that wasn't possible so I sighed a horribly depressing sigh.

Much and Little John looked over at me strangely and I had the strongest urge to burst out into a campfire song. And so that's what I did.

"Hail, hail, the gang's all here, Never mind the weather, here we are together; Hail, hail, the gang's all here, Sure we're glad that you're here, too!" I sang loudly.

Everyone whipped their heads around to look at me as I continued.

"Hail, hail, the gang's all here, We're a bunch of live ones, not a single dead one; Hail, hail, the gang's all here, Sure I'm glad that I'm here, too!"

"What in the world?" Allan questioned.

"Campfire songs. You sing them when you sit around a campfire with friends," I smiled at their disbelieving looks.

"I knew it! I knew it! Did I not say it all this time?" Much asked, standing up.

"Surely people don't really do that?" Will asked, looking in Much's direction.

"Yeah! It's the newest rage in the 21st century. Well not really, but still. When you camp, you eat s’mores and sing campfire songs. It's tradition," I said.

"What is a s’more?" Djaq asked.

"It's like a graham cracker, chocolate and melted marshmallow all put together," I sighed, imagining the deliciousness of such a thing.

I looked up to see 6 confused faces staring in my direction.

"You really don't know what you're missing," I mumbled to myself.

"So what are these campfire songs?" Much asked.

"Oh no!" I heard from the other gang members.

1 Hour Later

"Hail, hail, the gang's all here, Never mind the weather, here we are together; Hail, hail, the gang's all here, Sure we're glad that you're here, too!

Hail, hail, the gang's all here, We're a bunch of live ones, not a single dead one; Hail, hail, the gang's all here, Sure I'm glad that I'm here, too!

Hail, hail, the gang's all here Who you gonna yell for, who you gonna yell for? Hail, hail, the gang's all here Who you gonna yell for now?

Hail, hail, the gang's all here Gotta yell for Robin Hood, gotta yell for Robin Hood Hail, hail, the gang's all here Gotta yell for Robin Hood, YELL RIGHT NOW!" we all finished singing, laughing as we did so.

"What on earth?"

We all turned around to see Marion standing there, looking at us as if we had gone crazy.

"Marion! What are you doing out here so late?" Robin asked, jumping up and rushing to her side.

"I snuck away from the castle after Gisbourne went to bed. What was going on?" she asked as she sat down beside Little John with Robin on her other side.

"Campfire songs!" Much shouted happily.

"Yeah! Let's learn another one!" Allan said, turning to face me.

Everyone looked at me expectantly and Marion gasped.

"You're the one the sheriff was going to hang!"

"That's me," I smiled, pointing to my own chest.

"What are you doing out here? Who are you?" she asked.

"Eh. That's a long story. And you'd probably not believe me anyway," I replied.

"And why not?" she asked indigently.

"Cause it's a rather unlikely tale of horror and misery," I said dramatically, falling over into Will's lap.

"It's not that horrible. Or miserable," he responded, looking down at me.

"I know. That was just for dramatic effect," I said, sitting up.

Everyone looked at me oddly and I sighed.

"I really wish I was with people who actually understood me," I said, slightly moody.

"What in the world?" Marion asked, eyes going back and forth between Robin and I.

"I'm from the future," I stated.

"Where did you find this girl?" Marion asked.

"No seriously. I'm from the future," I replied.

She looked at me skeptically.

"Not being funny, but she's telling the truth. We found her wondering around in the forest and she has all these neat little things from the future like and iPod and a papeyclip-"

"A paperclip," I corrected.

"Yeah. A paperclip. That's what I meant. A paperclip. And she knows campfire songs. Oh and she loves me."

Before I could even respond, Will clapped a hand over my mouth.

Marion looked around at the rest of the group and realizing that none of them were denying my story, looked back to me.

"That's impossible," she stated simply.

"That's what I said." I replied.

"Well how about another camp song to ease the tension here?" Much suggested hopefully.

"Sure Much," I laughed as I racked my brain for a song. Then the perfect one came to mind.

"John Jacob Jingle Hymer Schmidt! His name is my name too! Whenever we go out, the people always shout 'There goes John Jacob Jingle Hymer Schmidt!' La la la la la la la la la!" I sang loudly, and slightly off key.

"Much. I take back what I said about you. She has the worst singing voice ever," Allan said.

"Hey! Do you want to learn campfire songs or not? I never said I was a singer!" I replied hotly.

* * *

Eventually, Marion went back to Nottingham and everyone else scooted off to bed. I was the last one at the fire and decided it was time for me to head off to bed as well. I walked into the camp and walked over to the bunks. I was about to climb over Will and into his bunk when a sudden idea found its way into my head.

"Will? Are you asleep?" I whispered as I bent down next to him.

"Yes," he murmured, rolling over.

"Well wake up," I whispered, shaking him.

"What?" he grumbled angrily, rolling over to face me.

"I need your help," I said.

"Okay," he replied, rolling back over.

"No Will! I really need your help now!" I whispered frantically.

"Get Allan to help you. He's infatuated enough," he said sleepily.

"I don't want Allan's help," I replied, wrinkling my nose in disgust.

"Don't want Allan's help with what?" Allan's voice came sleepily from above us.

"Nothing. Go back to sleep," I said.

"Okay." he and Will answered at the same time.

"Not you!" I whispered, grabbing Will's shoulders and bringing him around to face me.

"Okay! Okay!" he mumbled as he jumped up suddenly, knocking me over as he went.

"Ow!" I whispered harshly, glaring up at him although I knew he couldn't see me.

"Sorry," he whispered back as he bent down, grabbed my arms and pulled me to my feet.

"What are you two doing?" Allan asked loudly, now fully awake.

"Sh!" I slapped my hand over his mouth.

I retracted my hand slowly and turned to walk out of the camp with Will.

"Where are you going?" Allan whispered across the camp.

"None of your business," I replied as Will pulled the lever.

"Well I'm coming too," he said as he jumped out of his bunk and followed us out of the camp.

We walked in silence for a few moments until curiosity got the best of Will.

"Where are we going?" he asked.

"To try my idea," I said, smirking.

* * *

"Hurry up, Casey," Will said from the other side of the tree I was currently behind.

"You try changing behind a tree and see how fast you can go," I replied shortly.

"Not being funny, but we do that all the time, love," Allan replied.

"Alright, I'm done," I said as I came around the tree in my modern garb.

I handed the old clothes to Allan and walked down to the slight clearing.

"About here would you say?" I asked Will.

"Yeah. Somewhere around here," he replied.

I sat down in the middle of the forest floor. Allan and Will came over and sat down on either side of me.

"What do we do now?" Will asked.

"We wait."

* * *

I woke up to bright sunlight and something covering my arms. For a minute, I thought I had returned. I opened my eyes and let them adjust to the light, looking upwards. Nothing but trees. Definitely not my room. I took in my surroundings and felt a heavy weight around my middle. I looked down and saw that Allan was using me as a pillow, his head on my stomach and his arm strung carelessly over me. I wondered where Will was and realized that he must have been what I was laying on. Sure enough, when I looked up, I was laying on his chest. What an awkward position. I was glad that no one was around to see us in this compromising position and realized that I had thought too soon when I heard someone clear their throat above me. I looked up the hill to see Robin smirking down at us.

"Didn't I say there wasn't anything here?" he asked, the cocky grin not leaving his face.

"Allan. Get up," I said, pushing him off me.

He yelped in surprise and just lay on the ground. Will, obviously woken up by Allan's yelp, sat up and rubbed his eyes.

"What happened? Where are we?" he asked.

"Do you not remember coming out here last night?" I asked.

"Oh yeah," he recalled, rubbing his head.

"I vote we go back to sleep."

We all turned to see Allan, curled up in a ball, half way between consciousness and unconsciousness.

"Well you can stay here but we're going back," I stood up and grabbed Will's hands, helping him to his feet.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming," he grumbled as he stood up.

"Well at least I tried," I said sadly as I gave Will back his cloak that had been covering me.

"I'm sorry. We'll figure it out," Robin replied, looking at me.

I looked down at the ground and remembered that I was in my clothes I had worn here.

"I love Star Wars."