Sex on Fire

The Truth

“Just let me talk to him, maybe I can—help or something,” I pleaded with the man named Matthew, he held the door closed to his side and allowed me no sight into the area behind him.

“You made him like this,” he answered coolly without an expression on his face, it was completely blank. “I don’t think you should come around here anymore, Cole.”

“I love him, I don’t want to stop coming. I want to try and see him, I want to take my mistake back,” I began to tear up as I spoke; it hurt to think of how I hurt the man I loved. “Please just let me see him.”

“Leave,” he tried to shut the door but I pushed back on it and stood up to him, in his face.

“I will not leave him, I did this,” I murmured hatefully to him, out of regret. “If I would have known, I would have let it have me.”

“If I let you in, they’ll kill me, they blame you,” he whispered peering over his shoulder and then back to me as he spoke. He went to continue when we heard his screams. “I’m sorry, Cole. You can’t come in, I have to go.”

“Let me in!” I screamed and slammed my fist on the door when it shut in my face. I continued that with tears streaming down my face for ten minutes as I listened to the man I loved scream with me, but he was in pain. I fell to my knees and covered my head with my hands, hysteria capturing me in her tight embrace, enough that I couldn’t breathe.

“They can’t get him to stop,” Matthew showed up beside me, sat down on the curb and ran his hands through his hair. He was on the edge of point breakdown. “He’s getting worse.”

“Just let me see him,” I whispered trying to calm myself down enough to speak. “I can try and if it doesn’t work and he shows no improvement, you can throw me out on the curb and never talk to me again.”

“How did it happen?” he whispered without answering me, I figured I’d answer him since I had nothing left to lose, that and he deserved as much as to know what the hell happened to make his cousin possessed by someone else.

“I’ve known him since middle school; I’ve been in love with him since then. I’ve had a lot of trouble throughout my life. I hated myself for a while, I hated everyone but him. I had a lot of negativity and I guess it’s stayed with me,” I began the hurtful tale, with a few sighs and grunts to show how angered I was with myself for letting it all get to me like it did. “Two years ago, I met Caleb in a coffee place and we started talking. I fell for him all over again and he started to notice me more, we went on a few dates and our forth date, we went back to his place and things happened.”

“You had sex,” Matthew murmured what I wouldn’t say.

“Yes,” I murmured lowly. “Apparently when our souls combined, when we became one, he added all his negativity with mine and took it all in. I guess I had too much for him and he ended up becoming more and more lost to himself. He was possessed by the negative energies. When it first happened, I contacted my friend who knows a lot about that kind of stuff and he said each person has negative thoughts, feelings and ideas. They grow to become something unearthly, a being of evil. They call them elementals and he so happened to take on two, I don’t know how besides that. I never would have done that; I never would have had sex with him if I knew I’d lose him.”

“I’m going to have to watch who I have sex with from now on,” he grunted. “It wasn’t purposely then, was it?”

“I love him to much,” I whispered looking over to him. “I know I’m a lot of things but evil isn’t one of them, I can be crazy and I can be mean but never to such an extent.”

“Come on then,” he stood up and held his hand out. I stared at him for a second and smiled as I reached out for his hand. “Just don’t say anything to the guys, that’s their brother and they are very protective of him. It’d be best if you just—went to Caleb.”

“Alright,” I whispered walking into the warehouse holding his hand tightly out of fear. He didn’t let go until he pushed me towards the room Caleb was in.

“Why is she here?” Jared asked, he being the youngest of the brothers and he was beyond angered with Matthew for allowing me in. I ignored his question and hurried to Caleb’s side.

He looked the same, the same as he had when I was with him. He was in complete black and his favorite cross hung around his neck. I suppose it didn’t harm him. He was sweating, it was sweat sheens over his face, his forehead was completely covered and so were his cheeks. They were red with fever. His lips were slightly gapped open so when he took a breath, you could see his lips move. “Caleb,” I whispered his name and watched as he shifted slightly to the left, where I sat against the small bed like table he laid on. His eyes were wide as he searched for me, even though he looked right at me, it seemed like he didn’t see me at all. “Caleb I’m right here, I’m so sorry. I love you so much.”

“Matthew why is she here?” that time it was Nathan asking, he didn’t seem as angry as Jared had been.

“I’ll make this right, I swear to God, I will make you better,” I whispered and felt his hand grasp mine in a tight hold, it would probably leave bruises but it felt good to have his hand in mine again, I would deal.

“She’s a fucking bitch, she did this on purpose!” Jared shouted and seconds later a slap was heard.

“You don’t know what happened so I suggest you shut up,” Matthew growled under his breath. “Come here and I’ll explain everything, Nicole you call if he starts getting agitated.”

“I will,” I whispered without looking at him, my gaze was stuck strictly on Caleb’s angelic face. “Tomorrow, I will search until I can’t search anymore for someone to help us, I can find someone, and I just know it.”

Tuesday Morning, 8 A.M.—

“James Randle, You promised you would help me,” I cried out, grabbing hold of the Native American’s arm as he tried to escape the room and get away from me. “Caleb, the man I love, is in a warehouse sweating from the evil possessing him and I have no idea how to make him well again. I know for a fact that you do, so you need to sit your giant ass down and help me figure this out.”

“I have a meeting with my boss, Cole. I’m not a medicine man, I just told you some old stories that my dad used to tell me,” he tried to argue with a little bit of whining thrown into the mix. “I can go home later and research but right now, I can’t do anything.”

“Please,” I whispered walking closer to him. “I did this somehow, I need to make it right and I need your help to do it.”

“I know someone who might help,” he sighed and took a seat; he pulled the tie away from his neck and took a breath. “The son of a medicine man, his name is Heath Orion and he works downtown in a mechanic shop. Just tell him I sent you and he’ll be glad to help. Leave the address of where you’ll be tonight and I might stop by if I have the time, I’ll try to help.”

“I knew there was some good in you,” I whispered with a smile. I leaned up and kissed his cheek before I stepped back. “Thank you.”

“It’s the least I can do for my ex-fiancé,” he smirked and nodded towards the door. “Can I leave now?”

“Just tell me where this Heath Orion guy is and I’ll be glad to leave you alone,” I smiled and waited for him to give me directions. Ten minutes later I was parked outside the auto shop, I stepped out of the car and made my way to the front office. “Hi.”

“How may I help you?” the middle aged woman asked, she was pretty and clean faced, not much make up to hide her natural beauty.

“I’m looking for Heath Orion,” I said softly as I looked around. “Can you point me in his direction?”

“That’s my husband, what do you need?” she wasn’t hateful, just curious. “Is there a problem?”

“Oh no,” I smiled and shook my head. “A friend of mine sent me to him, I have a problem and he said he might be able to help me. James Randle sent me.”

“Oh,” she murmured and turned around to look through the window. “Oh, the third stall, that’s him in the red hat. Go ahead and go talk to him, tell him I sent you over.”

“Thank you,” I smiled softly, feeling a bit odd. He seemed well—wanted. I went out the door and made my way to the third stall where an explorer was up on a rack. “Heath Orion?”

“Yeah?” he turned around and glanced down at me. He had to have been seven feet tall. “Can I help you?”

“I’m Nicole Hunter and James Randle sent me to you, he said you might be able to help me. I have a big problem,” I said softly.

“You’re his ex-fiancé, you are just as beautiful as he described,” he smiled sweetly and motioned to a bench on the side of the building. “Come, I’ll try and help.”

“Thank you,” I said sweetly as I followed him to the bench and sat down.

“Tell me what your problem is,” he sat down and spoke after a moment of silence, it was comfortable though.

“The man I’m in love with is possessed by something,” I whispered shaking my head with disbelief. “I know I’ve had a lot of problems in my life and I know a lot of it was negative, I just never knew it would come back to haunt me. We had sex and he slowly went downhill after that, like something of mine controlled him until he wasn’t him anymore.”

“An elemental,” he murmured with a nod. “What is his name, Nicole?”

“Caleb Followill,” I answered with a sigh. “I think I possessed him.”

“You didn’t but your problems, stress and thoughts did,” he answered for me. “There isn’t but one way to fix that, you need to let all of your stress, your anger, your problems go. You have to fix them and they’ll go away.”

“Is that all?” I asked softly.

“Yes,” he nodded his head with agreement to his answer. “If you need anymore help, call me.”

“James has your number right?” I asked as I stood up.

“Yes,” he smiled and gave me a hug randomly. I smiled into the hug and thanked him before I set off to my car.

Warehouse Building, Noon—

“What’s going on?” I shouted dropping the purse that had been slung over my shoulder and ran forward to Caleb’s thrashing figure. Matthew grabbed me though; he held me back and looked over his shoulder to watch as I was. “Matthew, he’s hurting! Stop it! Stop!”

“They’re exorcizing him, Nathan thought it was a good idea,” Matthew whispered with a sigh, he didn’t agree with it anymore than I did. “It’s making him angry.”

“Caleb!” I shouted over the sound of the preacher preaching. “I forgive you for everything you did to me in High School; I won’t ever mention it again because I forgive you!”

“What was that about?” Matthew asked but when a little black mist came out of Caleb’s mouth when he rose up and shouted, Matthew’s eyes widened and he didn’t ask anymore.

“I don’t think you’re needed anymore,” Jared murmured after a minute, he was staring at me but speaking to the preacher. “Thank you for coming out, we appreciate it.”

“What was that?” Nathan asked, quickly stepping across the room to stand in front of me. “How did you do that?”

“All my negative energy is from where I forced myself not to forgive or forget all the bad things in my past; I was so hell-bent of staying mad that I forced it deeper. The deeper it went, the more it added to the other problems I have,” I answered him with a sigh. “I have to forgive everything to save him, theirs just a few things that I have to forgive that won’t be easy.”

“Do it,” Nathan pushed me towards Caleb but when I stepped forward he grabbed my arm. “Please.”

“I will, I want this just as much as you,” I said softly as I stepped forward and kneeled beside Caleb, I took his hand and watched as he glanced around. “I forgive you for every time you flirted with another girl or you made fun of me. I forgive my family for disowning me at sixteen for getting a tattoo. I forgive everything you have done to me; I can’t live with the anger anymore.”

“Its working,” Nathan sounded ecstatic to see Caleb lift up off the bed and mist of black creep out of his mouth in a large amount. “Keep going.”

“Caleb?” I whispered and smiled when his head turned to me and his eyes met mine. He could see me but he couldn’t speak. “I forgive my brother for abusing me when I was a child, I can see where he was jealous of me now. I forgive my uncle for making fun of me; he’s just a bastard that won’t change. I forgive my sister for leaving me in Utah for three days, she’ll get hers eventually and I’ll be better off.”

“Caleb!” Matthew laughed out happily and collapsed on the other side of the bed; he laughed happily as he watched Caleb sit up again and out came more black mist.

“How much more is in him?” Jared asked out loud as he sat beside Matthew, Nathan sat beside me and watched.

“A lot,” Caleb whispered out for the first time, he was raspy and low as he spoke but at least he could speak.

“Oh Caleb,” I whispered out as a few tears fell from my eyes. “I forgive people for betraying me, like Sandra and Tess, when I thought they were my best friends. I forgive your family for making me stay away from you.”

“We’re sorry,” Nathan put his hand on my shoulder and gave it a slight squeeze. “Thank you.”

“I don’t know of any more,” I whispered softly a second before the mist came out. “I forgave everything I hate, or worry.”

“You have to remember more,” Nathan whispered. “You have too.”

“I forgive everything I have ever hated, regretted, worried about, loathed,” I called out and leaned forward to stare into Caleb’s eyes as I brushed his dirty blonde hair out of his face. “I love you so much, and mostly, I forgive me.”

After a long strand of black mist flowed from his mouth, his face jerking up with each mist that tugged at his soul, he fell on his back and his eyes closed. “Is he okay?” Jared whispered, afraid to move towards his brother.

“Caleb?” I whispered leaning over him so my face was level with his. His eyes opened, nearly scaring me to a screaming fit but he stayed silent as he watched me. “Caleb, are you okay?”

“Thank you,” he whispered, his voice was ragged and low. Obviously strained from his daily screaming, I was surprised it wasn’t bleeding. “I felt you; I was—attached to you.”

“I’ll never do that to you again,” I whispered cupping his face into my hand.

“Yes you will,” he smiled at me. “Your sex is like fire and I don’t ever need to put it out.”

“I love you,” I smiled and pressed my lips to his. He placed his hand behind my head and pressed me closer, making me open my mouth to taste his sweet tongue. I pulled away and smiled as I ran my fingers over his lips. “Why is your tongue so sweet?”

“Your soul?” he said softly as he reached up and touched my cheek. “Can I please get off this hard ass mattress and onto a softer bed?”

“Nathan, Jared helps him up,” I stood with my arms around his shoulders. Nathan and Jared both helped him up on one side and Matthew helped on his other side. “Is it okay if I take him home?”

“Go,” Nathan nodded towards the door. “We just used this place because Jared leased it out, it’s secluded and no one can hear Caleb when he screamed.”

“Nice to know,” Caleb murmured sarcastically as he moved to leave on me. I braced half of his weight and grunted before I could shift his weight. “I’m sorry, Cole.”

“Its fine, I’m just glad to have you at my side,” I smiled over at him and watched as he grinned and looked down at his feet. “We’ll go home and we’ll eat because you haven’t eaten in, forever.”

“I’ve lost a lot of weight,” he commented as the boys followed us to my car, each was making sure to keep an eye on Caleb as he walked. “And I am starving; food sounds so good to me right now.”

“I’ll go home and cook you whatever you want, okay?” I whispered giving him a kiss as he sat down in the passenger seat. I shut the door and turned around to face the boys. “Thank you.”

“Thank you,” Jared spoke before any of them. “If it weren’t for you, he would have died.”

“If it weren’t for me, he wouldn’t have ever been in this mess,” I said softly with a small shrug and grin. “I love you guys no matter how much I piss you off or you piss me off.”

“We love you too,” Matthew smiled and pulled me into a hug. I giggled and continued down the line of Followill boys until I was done with Jared and walking around the back of my car. “Be careful, if you need help, call us.”

“I will,” I nodded my head and opened my door. “I’ll see you guys later.”

“You’ll be at Caleb’s house, right?” Jared asked as I slid into the driver’s seat.

“I’ll be there,” I told him softly as I looked over at Caleb, he was staring at me wide eyed, and he didn’t look like he wanted to close those gorgeous eyes of his for awhile. “For as long as he’ll let me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
One shot from a long time ago.