Status: Comments are always welcome :)

Kisses Under Starry Night Skies

024

Another few weeks passed and Warped had come to an end, sadly. Ebony and Zack had finally started talking and getting rather close. I was happy for him. Alex and Lisa were as close as ever. Rian and Kara the same and Jack and I were absolutely amazing.

---

"Why?" I asked as he walked around his room.

"Because."

"Because why? Give me a valid reason."

"Because I need a change. I need to get out of Maryland."

"But you have everything here. A life, family, friends, the band!" I almost yelled.

"Look, I don't see why this is such a big deal. It's only California."

"It's not only California! It's like on the other side of the country." I was getting upset.

"Settle down." He said. "I'll visit, you'll visit and besides it's not like you really need me here anyway."

I threw myself into his arms. I couldn't bear the thought of my only brother, my only family
moving away.

"I need you, Zack." I mumbled into his chest. "I need you."

"I'm sorry." He sighed hugging me tighter and kissing the top of my head. "I just feel like this is something I need to do. For myself. Besides, I can't look after you forever."

"Yes, yes you can."

"Help me pack?" He asked looking down at me.

"I 'spose." I sighed. As much as I wanted him to be happy I didn't want him to go.

"And, Ebony lives in California too." He smiled. I smiled back half-heartedly. I hated this.

After we finished packing all his stuff we made our way downstairs. All the guys had loaded Zack's boxes into the back of his new truck.

"Thanks guys." He said as we walked outside.

"No problem, man." Rian said.

"Well." Zack started. "I guess this it." He said more to me than the others.

"I guess so." I sighed a tear rolling down my cheek. He embraced me in a hug as I cried into his shoulder, soaking his shirt.

"I'm sorry."

"You should be." I sighed wiping my eyes with the sleeve of my hoodie.

"I'll miss you." He smiled.

"I'll miss you more." I sighed. “I love you, bro."

"Love you, too. I'll call when I get there."

We all said our goodbyes. Kara and I were both crying. We watched as he put his guitar on the front passenger seat and got in the car. He turned on the ignition and drove out the driveway. With a wave and a honk of the horn he was gone.

"Come on." Jack said taking my hand and leading me inside the house.

We all we went upstairs to my room and laid on my bed. I don't know how we all fit but we did.

"This feels wrong." I sighed.

"I know." Jack sighed.

"Yeah." Alex agreed.

"Look on the bright side-" Rian started.

"What bright side?" Kara asked.

"True."

After a while everyone was asleep except for me and Jack. I got up and went into Zack's old room and lay on his bed. Jack followed.

"Come here." He said opening his arms for me to hug him. Jack and I lay there in each other's arms.

The tears began to flow and I didn't even know why I was making such a big deal out of it, I just was. Jack soothed me, kissing the top of my head now and then and rubbing small circles on my arm with his thumb. I cried and cried and Jack was there to hold me, until eventually we both fell asleep.