Status: Comments are always welcome :)

Kisses Under Starry Night Skies

003

That was the first night I dreamt of Jack Barakat.

Jack caressed my cheek as we sat staring into each other's eyes. Then he carefully but passionately kissed me. It was the most amazing feeling. I kissed back even harder as we fell back onto the bed.

"I love you, Paige," Jack said against my lips.

"I love you too, Jack," I said back then continued our kiss.

I woke up totally shocked that I even dreamt of that.

I had to call Kara.

"Hello?"

"Hey, sorry for calling so late but I really need to talk to you," I said into the phone.

"I'm at Rian and Alex's,"

"Okay I'll be there in 10."

"Okay." Then we hung up.

I didn't even bother getting changed; I just grabbed my keys and drove to Alex's. It took me 5 minutes. I walked straight inside and to Rian's room. He and Kara were watching a movie. A tear or two had escaped on the drive there and Kara noticed instantly, running at me to embrace me in a hug.

"What's wrong?"

“I-I had this weird dream. I don't know what it means; I was hoping you'd be able to help."

Then I couldn't stop them the tears just kept flowing and I didn't know why and I couldn't stop them.

"Uh, did you want me to go outside?" Rian asked standing up and walking over to us.

"No it's okay Rian; maybe you can shed some light on the situation."

"Okay." I could tell he was uncomfortable.

"So, what you had a weird dream?" Kara asked.

I just nodded not knowing what to say.

"About?" Rian asked. I sat on his bed.

"Well it was about Jack." I started.

"And?" Kara pushed exchanging a glance with Rian.

"Well, we were like together and he kissed me and then told me he loved me and-and I said it back."

"Wow," Kara and Rian said at the same time. I threw myself back on Rian's bed and sobbed.

"But I don't know what to make of it," I sighed.

"Well maybe it's sort of showing you that you might feel something for him." Kara said trying not to make me cry anymore.

"Yeah, I mean I've seen you guys together and I think he really likes you." Rian said.

"You really think so?"

"Yeah, I mean I could talk to him for you if you want." Rian started. "You know just to see if he likes you."

"I guess so, but you can't tell any of the other guys. Okay?"

"Okay." They both agreed.

Now that I think about it, maybe I do like Jack. I'm just too stubborn to realise it. Maybe he does like me too. Maybe, maybe, maybe, ugh, there are so many maybes why can't I just have a straight yes or no answer? Why is life so difficult?

I was awkward around Jack for the next couple of days. I was uncomfortable when he touched me and tried to tickle me. I couldn't wait any longer I had to talk to Rian.

"Rian?"

"Yeah?" He answered not taking his eyes of the screen.

Zack just killed Alex and he was yelling and swearing.

"Sorry to interrupt your Halo sesh guys. But can I talk to you, please?"

"Uh, sure. I'll be right back guys." Alex and Zack exchanged confused glances as Rian and I left the basement and went upstairs. "What's up?" he asked when we walked into the kitchen.

"Have you, uh, talked to him yet?" I asked anxious to find out.

"Umm, yeah."

"And?"

"Well I just bought it up in casual conversation and he said he likes you alot." I got butterflies at the sound of that.

"What, really?"

"Yeah, he said he's liked you since, like 10th grade but he's been too scared to say or do anything."

"Wha-what?" I managed to get out.

"Yeah, he told me not to tell you, though so please don't mention it."

"No I-I won't. Wow!" I said. "Um, what should I do?"

"Well, I say just wait it out and see what happens. If he's smart he'll ask you out. If not then you ask him."

"You really think so?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Thanks Rian, for everything. I truly mean it." I said and gave him a hug.

"It's alright, anything for you."

"Now get back to your Halo sesh." I said and pushed him toward the basement.

"You coming?"

"Yeah, in a minute."

"Okay." He said leaving the kitchen.

I grabbed five beers from the fridge and went back downstairs.

"Hey, sorry about that. Wanna beer?"

“Totally! Thanks Paige." Alex almost yelled.

"No problem," I replied handing one to Jack.

"Thanks," he said holding my gaze and making me blush.

"Sure, anytime." I felt more comfortable around Jack now that I knew.

It was weird in a way though because everyday I began liking Jack more and more. He started flirting with me, thinking I wouldn't notice. It only started becoming obvious over the past couple of weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
The dream is kind of cheesy but oh well.