Status: Comments are always welcome :)

Kisses Under Starry Night Skies

006

-Jack's POV-

I couldn't believe this. My best friend and the girl I like.

I used all my strength to stop myself from taking a swing at Alex. I had to get out. I ran for Zack's car and got in the driver's seat. I sped down the street making a right turn to go back toward the highway. I didn't know where I was going or how long it would take.

I was driving for what seemed like hours when it started to rain, hard.. I could barely see the road through the rain and fog. I was driving too fast, I had to slow down. I hit the brakes, too hard. I lost control. It was like my whole life was flashing before my eyes and the best part was Paige. I tried to straighten up the car but I couldn't take control. I hit the brakes again skidding sideways up the road. Shit! I tried again to straighten up the car. I was hydroplaning.

I didn't know what was happening. This was the first time that I could admit that I was scared. So scared. The car flipped over, again and again and again. My head hit the steering wheel and everything went black.
..........

I could hear a faint beeping sound. My whole body ached. I couldn't move and when I tried a sharp pain ripped up through my ribs. What happened? I can't remember any of it. Paige was all I could think about. Paige is all I can ever think about.

The beeping got louder and I could hear voices around me. I slowly opened my eyes. I was blinded by a very bright white light.

"He's waking up." Someone said. I opened my eyes completely.

"Wh-where am I?" I croaked.

"In the hospital." A lady told me.

"The hospital?" I asked confused. "What happened?"

"You don't remember?"

"No." I shook my head.

"Well, you were in an accident." She told me. "We called your mother." She said, just as my mum came rushing through the door.

"Jack. Oh, honey. Are you okay?"

"Umm, I don't know."

"Do you want me to call Alex?" She asked me.

"No, please don't tell any of them." I pleaded.

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm."

"Okay, then. I'm just glad you're okay." She said.

That was the last thing I heard before unconciousness took over.
..........

3 days later

Paige knows where I am. I used to end up here all the time when we were younger. I was a reckless kid always hurting myself to impress girls. Most of the nurses in here know me.

I was flicking through the channels on the little T.V in my room. There was nothing on. So, I switched it off just as a nurse came in.

"Well Mr. Barakat, it's nice to see you in here again." She said taking my folder from the end of the bed.

"You too Nurse Simmons." I said trying to sit up.

"Call me Julie." She said her eyes scanning my file.

"Okay."

"So, I understand you have two broken ribs, a sprained wrist and you had a mild concussion."

"Yes. Oh, shit!" I groaned in pain while trying to sit up.

"Okay, the doctor will be in in a minute." She said walking out of the room. I nodded.

When she walked out I grabbed my phone out of the draw beside me and turned it on for the first time since the party.

Oh, the party. No matter how many times I try to escape the thought of that night, it just keeps coming back.

When my phone was turned on it started beeping like crazy. Ten new voice messages it read.

"Great!" I groaned.

Most of them were from the guys except one, which was from Paige.

"Jack, if you don't get your skinny ass home we're calling the cops." The message said.

The doctor came in then to give me painkillers.

"On a scale of one to ten how much does it hurt compared to when we last checked?"

"About a 5 or 6."

"Okay, take these." He said handing me two white pills, which I took.

"Finally." I said.

Once he left I I took out my phone and started checking the rest of the messages.

This one was from Alex.

"Dude, come home, please. Paige is freaking out like crazy. She hasn't come out of Kara's room since the party. Come on, plea-."

"Message deleted."

Freaking out, how could she be freaking out she practically made out with Alex - my best friend - right in front of me. When she knew I liked her.

So, I sent her a text message.

To: Paige,
Look harder and you shall find. I used to end up here all the time.
From: Jack.

I put my phone back in the drawer and lay back down.