Status: Comments are always welcome :)

Kisses Under Starry Night Skies

009

Jack has been missing for three days now. We haven't heard from him at all yet. I don't know to feel at the moment, worried, sad, angry that Jack could do something this stupid. Last night I stayed at Alex and Rian's. It was good to give Kara a break from me and hang out with the guys. They always make me feel better, except there was only one person missing. It's only been 3 days but it's getting harder and I don't know where to look next.

It's 10 am and I'm sitting on the couch next to Alex watching cartoons and eating cereal (Jacks favourite thing to do). I put my cereal down on the table and leaned back into the couch.

"What's wrong?" Alex asked muting the TV and turning slightly towards me.

"This." I said laying my head on his shoulder.

"This is wrong?" He asked curiosity burning in his eyes.

"No, no, no, I mean yes, uh I don't know." I stuttered unsure of what I meant. "It's just this is something Jack liked to do, you know, eat cereal and watch cartoons."

"Oh, right sorry." He said sincerely putting an arm around me.

"It's okay."

"Good." He said unmuting the TV.

"Where's Rian and Zack?"

"Sleeping." Alex replied turning his attention back to the TV.

I got off the couch and headed towards the spare room where Zack was staying. Alex hadn't even known I'd left. I walked down the hall checking Rian's room on the way, the door was closed so I didn't bother. Zack's on the other hand was wide open and he was sleeping like a baby. I jumped onto his bed landing right on top of him.

"Wake up Zacky!"

"Uhh, get off!" He groaned trying to roll over.

"Not until you get up." I said giving his cheek a sloppy kiss.

"I would if you weren't on top of me." He said wiping his cheek and shoving me off the bed. I hit the floor with a thud.

"Ouch!" I yelled trying not to laugh.

"Oh, crap are you okay?" He asked getting up to help me.

I burst out laughing.

"Bitch!" He said crawling back into bed.

"You love me." I said getting off the floor to re-adjust myself.

"Sure." He said covering himself back up with the doona. I let out a laugh and headed for the bathroom.

When I came back out Zack was watching TV with Alex and Rian was in the kitchen, I headed that way.

"Hey." I said walking up and sitting on the counter. "What ya doin?"

"Making breakfast, I'm the only one in this house that knows how to cook." He laughed.

"You have a point." I said hopping off the counter and heading for the fridge.

"So," Rian began, "How are you holding up?"

"Honestly?"

"No, I want you to lie." He said back sarcastically, instinctively making me poke my tounge at him.

"Okay, I guess." I said grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge.

"You sure?" He asked concern flooding his voice.

"To be completely honest, I don't know." I said. "I mean, yeah I'm worried but I don't know what to do next, I just feel like giving up and running away myself." I said taking a sip of my water and leaning against the counter.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know what I mean. It just seems pointless to keep searching. I mean, it's been 3 days but it feels like forever." I said sliding down the cabinet to sit on the kitchen floor.

Rian bent down in front of me and looked me right in the eye.

"Don't give up, please, I'm begging you. He'll turn up somewhere you just have to have faith." He said pulling me to my feet and hugging me tightly.

"Thanks Ri." I said holding onto him tightly.

"Anytime." He said hugging me back. We stayed like that for a minute.

"Well, I better go take a shower and stuff." I said ending the hug.

"Okay."

I had a shower, got dressed, put on make up and straightened my hair with Alex's straightener, Alex has his own straightener. I took my time, making sure I hadn't missed anything. When I was done I went back into the lounge room where Rian, Zack and Alex were eating and watching TV.

"What's on?" I asked sitting down on one of the couches.

"Nothing, really." Zack replied.

"Hmm." I said just as I heard my phone beep from somewhere in the house. "Has anyone seen my phone?"

"Umm, kitchen bench." Rian said taking a bite of his toast.

"Thanks." I said walking to the kitchen, I grabbed my phone and went back to the lounge room.

I read the message,

From: Jackie-O
Look harder and you shall find. I used to end up here all the time.

This doesn't make any sense, I stood thinking for a minute, wait I know where he is. I collapsed onto the carpet, landing on my knees.

"Paige, what's wrong?" Alex said grabbing my arm.

"I-I know where he is."

"What do you mean?" Zack asked.

"I-I know where Jack is." I said tears forming in my eyes.

"What?"

"I'll explain on the way." I said getting up and grabbing the nearest car keys, Rian's.

I ran out the front door with the guys following closely behind. I got in the driver's seat, started the car and backed out of the drive away as soon as they were all in the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
what do you think ?